How to Recover iPhone 5/4S/4 Voice Memos on Mac OS X
Think about this: What should you do to recover iPhone 5/4S/4 voice memos on Mac if you lost them after jailbreak, iOS update, etc.?
Apple includes a built-in Voice Memo on iPhone, which is such a handy app. You can record a voice memo when you're attending a lecture or conducting an interview, or just leave yourself a quick reminder about things to be done. It's easy to lose the voice memos on iPhone. And this post just details you how to recover voice memos from iPhone 5/4S/4 on Mac.
How to Recover Voice Memos from iPhone 5/4S/4 on Mac
If we want to recover voice memos from iPhone 5/4S/4 on Mac,iPhone Data Recovery for Mac is the wonderful data recovery tool that you could put your trust on. It's compatible with the latest Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 and all earlier versions. Windows users should choose the Windows version which is called iPhone Data Recovery.
The best part of using iPhone Data Recovery for Mac to recover voice memos is that even if you have never backed up iPhone on Mac, you can still retrieve all the voice memos. This is enabled by the "Recover Data from iOS Devices" mode. Download this tool to your Mac and let's do the voice memo recovery together.
Updated: Since Apple unveiled iOS 8.2/8.1/8, the software developer has upgraded iPhone Data Recovery for Mac to support iOS 9.3/9/8.2/8.1/8 devices including iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C.
- 1). Connect iPhone to Mac, launch iPhone Data Recovery for Mac and select "Recover Data from iOS Devices".
- 2). Click "Start Scan" to scan iPhone for lost or deleted voice memos.
- 3). After Scanning, all the files contained in your iPhone will be sorted by category. Select "Voice Memo" to preview and then restore voice memos from iPhone 5/4S/4 on Mac.
If your iPhone is damaged, lost or got a black screen, and you have backed up iPhone with iTunes or iCloud on Mac, you can still get back all lost voice memos. iPhone Data Recovery for Mac also allow users to extract voice memos from iTunes/iCloud backup to Mac without connecting your iPhone to Mac.
For Windows users, please turn to iPhone Data Recovery to restore voice memos from iPhone.
Other Tips: How to Add a Label to an iPhone Voice Memo
When a memo is added, it just shows up with the date and time of the recording. As memos accumulate, you may have a tough time remembering which recording was made for which purpose. You can label a recording with one of the labels Apple has supplied or create a custom label using steps below.
- 1). From the recording list, tap the right-pointing arrow for the memo to which you want to add a label. Then the Voice Memo information screen appears.
- 2). Tap the right-pointing arrow in the box showing the date and time and the length of the video you just recorded.
- 3). Select a label from the list that appears.
- 4). Choose Custom and you can then label your voice memo with preferred names.
To sum up, this article details how to recover voice memos from iPhone 5/4S/4 on Mac with iPhone Data Recovery for Mac and how to add label to an iPhone voice memo. Hopefully this information will help you better use the Voice Memo app on your iPhone.