How to Recover iPhone Data after iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7.1 Update
Apple's first big update for iOS 7 – iOS 7.1 – landed a few weeks ago with CarPlay, improved fingerprint scanner and a few bug fixes. The iOS 7.1 update brings better user experience, along with some problems for iOS users. And the biggest problem is iPhone data lost after iOS 7.1 update. If you encounter such problem, make sure you read through this post which explains how to recover iPhone files after installing iOS 7.1.
How to recover lost iPhone data after iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7.1 update
Of course you can restore from iTunes backup or restore from iCloud backup if you have backed up your iPhone, though you will have to pay attention to some limitations (restoring from iTunes or iCloud will erase the current data on iPhone, replacing them with that in the backup. Besides, iCloud is not totally free. It only offers 5GB free space for backup, which is usually not enough for most people). If you have neither iPhone backup nor iTunes backup, or you want to be free from limitations of iTunes and iCloud, iOS Data Recovery (for Windows users) or iOS Data Recovery for Mac (for Mac users) would be a great choice.
With this tool you will be able to retrieve contacts, text messages, photos, call history and up to 15 types of file. The iOS Data Recovery tool applies to all iOS devices including iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4. It allows you to recover data not only from iTunes and iCloud backup, but also directly restore data from iPhone without erasing data on your devices. Here's how.
- Step 1: After download and install iOS Data Recovery, launch it on your computer and choose "Recover Data from iOS Device".
- Step 2: Tap "Start Scan". When scanning finishes you will get all iPhone files listed on the interface of the program. Preview to make sure you recover those you need.
- Step 3:: Click "Recover" and select a path for the recovered iPhone data.
After you've successfully recovered iPhone data after iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7.1 update, you will find that text files like messages, notes and contacts will be saved in one of the 3 file formats: .xls, txt and .xlm. Contacts can also be exported to VCF files. Media files like photos and videos will be exported or saved in their original formats.
If you lost iPhone data after iOS 7.1 upgrade iOS Data Recovery also provide you ways to restore from iTunes backup and iCloud backup. The restore won't replace data on your iPhone with that in the backup. After you launch the program, you will need to select the iTunes backup or iCloud backup for the program. In a few minutes or so, all the data in your iTunes backup or iCloud backup will be displayed on the program interface just like the following picture show. You can then check desired files to recover.
- 1. If you are working with Mac OS, you should download iOS Data Recovery for Mac, the Mac version of this tool. It works just fine with all Mac OS including OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and earlier.
- 2. Besides iPhone data loss, you probably also have problems with the Touch ID if you have an iPhone 5s. Read the post How to Fix iPhone 5s Touch ID Issue after Updating to iOS 7.1, and the solutions might just help.