How to Recover iPhone Contacts after iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7.1 Update
After I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS .17, my contacts have been disappeared. I have some 200 contacts and I need to use these contacts for my business. I am completely stumped as to what to do. Any suggestion on how to recover lost iPhone contacts after iOS 7.1 upgrade?
How to recover contacts from iPhone after installing iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7.1
iPhone contacts lost after iOS 7.1 update? It must cause you a lot of trouble. Great news is that you have a big chance to recover the lost address book with iOS Data Recovery for Mac tool. This tool enables you to recover contacts, photos, text messages, notes and totally 15 types of files from iPhone, iPad and iPod. The best part of this tool is that it can even help you recover data directly from iOS devices without iTunes or iCloud backup. Download and follow the guide below to recover iPhone contacts after iOS 7.1 update.
- 1. Connect your iPhone and run the iOS Data Recovery for Mc program on your Mac. Then you'll see the main window as follows. Simply click on the Start Scan button to get it scanned.
- 2. After the scan, you can preview all found data before recovery. The founded data are listed by category, choose Contacts on the left column to preview all contacts, check needed contacts and click Recover. Then you will need to select a path to save the recovered contacts to your Mac.
The recovered contacts can be saved as a .txt, .xls, .xml or vCard file. Besides, the tool also allows you to extract contacts from iTunes backup provided that you have backed up iPhone in advance. It will automatically detect all the backups on your Mac. Just select the one you need and then Scan > Preview > Recover contacts.
The above are for users with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and earlier. Windows users should go for iOS Data Recovery instead.
Extra: How to export iPhone contacts to computer
You can export iPhone contacts to your computer as a vCard file in case you lose contacts after iOS update, error deletion, factory settings restore, etc.
- 1. To get started, head to your iPhone's "Settings" menu and tap on "iCloud." Toggle the "Contacts" setting to "On." Tap the "Merge" option.
- 2. Next, go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple account details. Click on the "Contacts" icon.
- 3. When your address book has opened, click on the cog icon at the bottom left, chose "Select All," then "Export vCard".
You can then save this vCard file to your computer as a backup of your iPhone contacts. If you haven't backed up contacts before contacts get lost, you can still rely on iOS Data Recovery for Mac to export your lost iPhone contacts to a vCard file.