How to Recover iPhone Text Messages on Mac after iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7 Upgrade
Apple users are struggling to update their iPhones to iOS 7. One of the most common complaints we are hearing from users is that they have lost iPhone text messages after iOS 7 upgrade. This article aims to explain how to recover iPhone text messages on Mac after installing iOS 7.
About iPhone Text Message Recovery for Mac Software
Actually recovering SMS from iPhone is not that hard. Almost anyone can do it alone with the help of iPhone Data Recovery for Mac software. Even if you forget to backup iPhone before updating to iOS 7, you can still recover iPhone messages on Mac after upgrading iOS 7.
Updated: Since Apple unveiled iOS 8.2, the software developer has upgraded iPhone Data Recovery for Mac to support iOS 9.3/9/8.2/8.1/8/7.1/7 devices and recover lost data after installing iOS 8.
Moreover, the software is also capable of retrieving lost photos, contacts, notes, call history, calendar and many other data from your iPhone. This iPhone text messages recovery software is fully compatible with all Mac OS X including OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 and earlier versions. If you're in need of the Windows version, go to iPhone Data Recovery.
Steps to Recover iPhone SMS on Mac after iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7 Update
iPhone Data Recovery for Mac is an easy-to-use software with guidance on the user interface that you can refer to. Below is a brief guide on how to recover iPhone text messages on Mac after iOS 7 update.
- Step 1. Firstly, take out your iPhone and connect it to your Mac, and then open the software. After that, you'll see a window displaying 2 recovery modes. Choose "Recover Data from iOS Devices".
- Step 2. To recover SMS from iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S, simply hit the "Start Scan" button to scan.
- Step 3. After a while, the scanning will complete. You can then preview all recoverable text messages in the Messages category. You can then either recover all text messages or selected only those you need and recover to your Mac by clicking the Recover button at bottom.
If you have synced or backed up your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud, you're able to restore text messages from iTunes or iCloud backup files. iPhone Data Recovery for Mac enables you to selectively recover text messages instead of the whole backup including photos, videos, contacts, etc. This method also works even you've lost your iPhone or it has been stolen.
- Step 1. Launch iPhone Data Recovery for Mac and select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" or
"Recover Data from iCloud Backup File".
- Step 2. Select the backup file you need from the iTunes/iCloud backup file list.
- Step 3. Scan iTunes backup or download iCloud backup. Then preview and select text messages to recover.
Additional Tips: How to Block Unwanted SMS from Your Contacts on iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7
If you want to block text messages from a number that hasn't sent you any messages recently or the one you no longer want to be in touch with, you can block it from your Contacts list instead.
- Step 1. Launch the Settings app.
- Step 2. Scroll down and navigate to Phone -> Blocked -> Add New....
- Step 3. Search for and tap on the contact you'd like to block from your contacts.
Have you read through all the tips concerning iPhone text messages recovery in this post? Probably you can use it to recover the lost SMS and then start to enjoy the all-new iOS 7 now. You can also check How to Use New Features in iOS 7 to get more about iOS 7.