How to Recover iPhone Data on Mac after iOS 7 Upgrade
On September 18, Apple rolled out its anticipated new mobile operating system, iOS 7. As expected, the migration to the new OS was hounded by several issues, and the most annoying one is iPhone data loss after iOS 7 update. Is it possible to recover iPhone data on Mac after iOS 7 update?
Find an iPhone Data Recovery for Mac Software
It's quite likely that you may lose data after iOS 7 upgrade because your iPhone stuck in recovery mode during upgrade, iPhone failed to update to iOS 7 or other reasons. In such cases you can use iPhone Data Recovery for Mac software, a tool that enables you to easily recover lost iPhone data after iOS 7 upgrade. The biggest feature of this software is that you can directly recover data from your iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and other models. Windows users should choose the Windows version which is called iPhone Data Recovery.
Updated: Since Apple unveiled iOS 8 at WWDC2014, the software developer has upgraded iPhone Data Recovery for Mac to support iOS 9/8 devices and recover lost data after installing iOS 8.
Totally, it supports to recover up to 16 types of files from iPhone including photos, text messages, contacts, notes, voice memos, Safari bookmarks and videos. Whatever Mac OS you are using, you don't need to worry about compatibility issue as it works equally well on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and lower. Windows users should go for iPhone Data Recovery instead.
How to Recover iPhone Data on Mac after Update iOS 7
The instruction will take photos for example to show you how to recover iPhone files on Mac after installing iOS 7 with iPhone Data Recovery for Mac. Below is a brief tutorial on how to restore iPhone data on Mac after iOS 7 upgrade. Before you start, take out your iPhone and connect it to Mac through USB cable.
- Step 1: After download and installation, launch iPhone Data Recovery for Mac and choose "Recover Data from iOS Device".
- Step 2: Tap "Start Scan". When scanning finishes you will get all iPhone files listed on the interface of the program. Preview to make sure you recover those you need.
- Step 3: Click "Recover" and select a path for the recovered iPhone files.
This tool can also restore lost iPhone data after iOS 7 update without having iPhone at hand. All you need is to make sure you have backed up or synced iPhone with iTunes or iCloud on your Mac.
- Step 1: Launch iPhone Data Recovery and select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File".
- Step 2: There will be a list of backup files on the interface, select the iPhone backup you need and click "Start Scan".
- Step 3: The scan only takes a few seconds. After that all the contents of the backup file will be displayed in details. Select the ones you need and then click "Recover" to restore data from iPhone on Mac after iOS 7 upgrade.
Just keep iPhone Data Recovery for Mac on your desktop and you can feel free to upgrade iOS without worrying about losing iPhone data after iOS update. If you are still looking for ways to upgrade to iOS 7, take reference from the post How to Upgrade to iOS 7.