How to Recover Lost, Deleted Voice Memos from iPhone 5S on Mac OS
Apple includes a built-in digital voice recorder in the iPhone which you can put into your pocket and carry to anyplace you want. With the Voice Memo app, you no longer need to have a recorder. However, the iPhone 5S voice memos might get deleted or missing after updating iOS, factory settings reset, etc. How to recover iPhone 5S voice memos on Mac if you lost them?
Guide on How to Recover Voice Memos from iPhone 5S on Mac
To retrieve voice memos from iPhne 5S on Mac, we recommend you a software tool called iPhone Data Recovery for Mac. With this tool, you are allowed to recover voice memos and other iPhone contents (photos, contacts, SMS, notes, etc.) from iPhone and iTunes backup. The software works well on all Mac OS including the latest OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.8 Mountain Lion.
Windows users should choose the Windows version which is called iPhone Data Recovery.
The biggest merit of this software is that even if you have neither iTunes backup nor iCloud backup, you can still manage to restore iPhone 5S voice memos without backup on Mac. Here's how:
- 1. Connect your iPhone 5S to Mac with a USB cable and run iPhone Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac computer.
- 2. Select "Recover Data from iOS Devices" on the software interface and click "Start Scan".
- 3. After the scan finishes, click "Voice Memos" and select all of the voice memos you want. Finally click "Recover" button and you will see a popup window that asks you to file a path to save the recovered voice memos on your Mac.
If you have backed up iPhone 5S with iTunes or iCloud, you can try to restore voice memos from iTunes or iCloud backup. For detailed steps, you can check the following links.
- How to recover iPhone 5S voice memo from iTunes backup
- How to recover iPhone 5S voice memo from iCloud backup
Additional Tips: How to Trim Voice Memos on iPhone
Sometimes maybe the person who left the recording rambled on and on. You can trim the audio directly on iPhone and make a new recording that only has the information you need.
- 1. Tap the right-pointing arrow next to the memo you want to trim, and then tap Trim Memo.
- 2. A narrow, blue tube representing the recording appears inside a yellow bar. Drag the edges of this audio region to adjust the start and end points of the memo.
- 3. Preview your edit before tapping the Trim Voice Memo button by tapping the little play button. If this is exactly what you need, just click Trim Voice Memo.
This post details both how to recover deleted iPhone 5S voice memos on Mac and how to trim iPhone 5S voice memos. We'll keep you updated with other iPhone tips and news. Don't forget to check our latest news and posts!