How to Recover Contacts from iPhone 5S on Mac - Must-known Options
The contacts on you iPhone 5 must be very important to you. Ever wonder about if it's possible to recover the accidently deleted contacts from iPhone 5S on Mac? Or get back the lost address book after factory reset, iOS update, etc.?
Though iPhone has a unique way of storing data, the contacts on iPhone 5S can be restored as long as you have the third party software iPhone Data Recovery for Mac . The software runs equally well on all Mac OS like OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and earlier versions. Download the software to your Mac and have a try.
- Option 1: Recover iPhone 5S contacts on Mac from iTunes/iCloud backup
- Option 2: Recover contacts from iPhone 5S on Mac without backup
Option 1: Recover iPhone 5S contacts on Mac from iTunes or iCloud backup
It's great to have the habit to back up iPhone regularly, which allows you to recover iPhone 5S address book on Mac from backup. More importantly, you can even restore iPhone 5S contacts on Mac when iPhone is lost, stolen or damaged. This is because iPhone Data Recovery for Mac can restore contacts from iTunes backup and iCloud backup.
If your computer is running Windows instead of Mac OS, download the Windows version which is called iPhone Data Recovery.
- 1. Run iPhone Data Recovery for Mac and select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" or "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File". Here we'll take iTunes backup for an example.
- 2. This software will help to find and list all your iPhone backup files. Select your iPhone 5S backup to scan.
- 3. After scanning, tap Contacts on the category list. As all contacts will appear, preview and select those you need to recover. If you want to recover deleted contacts, you can choose to make the program displayed only deleted ones.
Option 2: Recover contacts from iPhone 5S on Mac without backup
Forget to backup iPhone 5S? That's OK. You can still recover deleted contacts from iPhone 5S on Mac OS. iPhone Data Recovery for Mac enables you to directly retrieve contacts from iPhone 5S on Mac. You just need to connect iPhone 5S to Mac and run the software on Mac. Then follow the 3-step guide below.
- 1. Select "Recover Data from iOS Devices" and tap "Start Scan".
- 2. When scanning completes, you can to preview and select lost contacts to recover. All recoverable data are now listed on the interface for previewing.
- 3. Tap "Recover" to recover contacts from iPhone 5S on Mac.
How to recover contacts from iPhone 5S on Mac? You must already have the answer. To keep your iPhone 5S contacts safe, there's more you can do than backing up the contacts with iTunes. You can check the post How to Sync iPhone Contacts with Gmail for more.