How to Recover Contacts from iPhone 5c on Mac: 3 Must-known Tips
Many iPhone 5c users report contacts missing on iPhone 5c. Is there a way to restore iPhone 5c contacts on Mac? Yes, definitely! Here are 3 must-known tips concerning iPhone 5c contacts recovery. With these tips you can even recover contacts from iPhone 5c on mac without backup, if you have iPhone Data Recovery for Mac in aid.
Tip 1: What could make you lose iPhone 5c contacts (Things to Be Aware of)
To get started, I'll list some of the common scenarios for iPhone 5c contacts loss, which you should pay attention to.
- Pressed the wrong button and deleted useful iPhone 5c contacts
- iOS upgrade (for instance, iOS 9.3/9/8.2/8.1/8 upgrade) or jailbreak cause contacts missing from iPhone 5c, no iTunes backup
- iPhone 5c got water-damaged, lost or stolen
- Restore iPhone 5c to factory settings and lost iPhone contacts
Tip 2: How to Recover iPhone 5c contacts without backup on Mac OS
Haven't backed up iPhone before losing contacts on iPhone 5c? Download iPhone Data Recovery for Mac to your computer and follow the steps below. If you're using Windows computer, download iPhone Data Recovery instead.
- First of all, connect your iPhone 5c to computer, and then run iPhone Data Recovery for Mac. Here are 2 recovery modes provided: Recover Data from iTunes Backup File and Recover Data from iOS Devices. As you have no backup, choose the second one.
- Click Start Scan after connecting your device. Then the program will automatically begin to scan your iPhone 5c for deleted contacts on it.
- After the scan, you can preview all data that have been found by iPhone Data Recovery for Mac. Choose Contacts on the category list and you can preview details of the contacts.
The data found here includes contacts you have on your iPhone now. If you only want to retrieve deleted contacts from your iPhone, check "Only display the deleted items". Then find the contacts you need and recover them. You could choose to recover and export contacts in a .txt, .xls, .xml, or VCF/vCard file.
Tip 3: How to Recover iPhone 5c contacts if iPhone is Lost, Damaged
Sometimes, you might get iPhone 5c lost, damaged, stolen, etc. In this case, you can then follow the steps below to retrieve contacts on iPhone 5c from iTunes backup or iCloud backup on Mac. This method doesn't require connecting your iPhone 5c with your computer.
- Run iPhone Data Recovery for Mac and select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" or "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File". Let's take iTunes backup for an example.
- On the next window choose the most recent iTunes backup or iCloud backup of your iPhone 5c and click "Start Scan".
- After scan, preview and select contacts you need to recover, which is the same as that on Tip 2.
With both methods mentioned in Tip 2 and Tip 3, you might get a brief idea ofmethods iPhone Data Recovery for Mac offers. Hopefully the tips in this post could save you out of iPhone 5c contact loss tragedy and help you better experience iPhone 5c!