2 Solutions if You Want to Recover Data from Water Damaged iPhone
My iPhone 4 was water damaged, how can I get data from iPhone?
It's just so easy to get iPhone dropped to water or other liquids. When this happens, how could you get through this nightmare and retrieve data from water damaged iPhone? The solutions offered in this post might be of some help to you.
Solution 1: Try to Fix Water Damaged iPhone
When your iPhone is dropped to water or other liquids you should follow steps below and maybe there's still a chance to get your iPhone back to normal.
- 1. Fish your iPhone out of the liquid ASAP. Then power it off immediately.
- 2. Dry the outside of the handset. Remove the SIM card tray and SIM card and dry them off.
- 3. If possible, remove the rear glass panel off your iPhone.
- 4. Find a Ziploc bag and fill it with either uncooked rice or silica gel, and dump your iPhone into the bag and seal it up. Leave the handset in the bag for a day or two.
After a couple of days take out the handset. If you've taken it apart, you'll need to reassemble it, and see if it powers on. In another post, we've covered detailed steps to fix water damaged iPhone, you can click and read this article.
Solution 2: Retrieve Data from Water Damaged iPhone with Third Party Tool
If luck is not on your side and solution 1 couldn't help you to turn on your iPhone, you can use iPhone Data Recovery for Mac, a professional data recovery tool, to recover data from water damaged iPhone on Mac. This way you can at least keep all important iPhone contacts, photos, text messages, etc. for future use. Just download iPhone Data Recovery from Tenorshare's website and follow steps below to see how to recover data from water damaged iPhone 5s on Mac. If you're running Windows OS, you can download the Windows version which is named iPhone Data Recovery.
If the hardware (for instance, the CPU) of your iPhone is not damaged, you can select "Recover Data from iOS Devices" and directly restore data from water damaged iPhone.
- 1. Connect iPhone to Mac and launch iPhone Data Recovery for Mac.
- 2. The program will detect your iPhone 5 and you should click "Scan" to let the program scan your device for lost data.
- 3. After scanning, all recoverable files will be listed on the program interface by category. Select those you need and click "Recover".
If you cannot scan data from iPhone, chances are that the hardware of iPhone is damaged. In this case you could use another recovery mode iPhone Data Recovery for Mac provides: Recover Data from iTunes Backup File. To use this mode, make sure you have backed up or synced iPhone with iTunes on your computer. Steps to use are much the same as the above. The only difference is that instead of connect iPhone to Mac you need to select your iPhone 5 backup file to scan.
As you've learnt about how to recover data from water damaged iPhone, you can feel free to use these solutions for your iPhone, for instance, recover data from water damaged iPhone 4. It's highly recommended that use the first solution as your first option. If solutions 1 fails, don't hesitate to let iPhone Data Recovery for Mac help you restore all the iPhone data.