iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4 Backup Password Not Working, What to Do?
iPhone backup password not working, what should I do?
I just updated my iPhone 5, and when I tried to restore iPhone from iTunes backup, a prompt came up asking for the password to unlock my iPhone backup. I entered the password, but nothing happened. It seems that the iPhone backup password was not working. How do I unlock iPhone backup?
How to recover iPhone backup password?
The above could happen to any iPhone users no matter you are with iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or any other iPhone models.
And if you encrypt an iPhone backup in iTunes and then forget your password, you will not be able to restore iPhone from iTunes backup and your data (including photos, contacts, text messages and more) will be unrecoverable. Here are 2 methods which have already been proved workable to unlock iPhone backup.
Method 1: Try possible passwords
It's quite likely that you might set your iPhone backup password the same as other passwords which you should try and see if it's the forgotten iPhone backup password.
- 1. Your windows login password (password of your computer).
- 2. Password of iTunes.
- 3. Password on apple device.
- 4. Password for any app.
- 5. 12345 or 0000.
Method 2: Try iPhone Backup Unlocker
If the above passwords failed to unlock iPhone backup for you and you've no idea what to do, use a professional tool iPhone Backup Unlocker (from Tenorshare) might be a good choice.
It is quite easy to download iPhone Backup Unlocker from the product's official website, which takes less than five minutes to download and install.
- 1. After download and install the program to the computer, launch the program. In the interface of the program, press "Open" and the user-friendly program will lead you to the directory of the Key Container File. With several clicks of the mouse you could finish importing this file.
2. There are totally three types of attacks for us to choose from: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack. Choose an attack type and then set settings for this attack.Note: It's suggested that you choose an appropriate attack according to how much you can remember about the lost password. A proper attack could save you time in cracking the password.
- 3. At last, click "Start" to run the program and within a few minutes you can get the iPhone backup password. The password recovery time differs – the longer and more complicated the password is, the longer time it will take.
With iPhone Backup Unlocker , the "password to unlock iPhone backup not working" or "iPhone backup password not accepted", problem will never bother you again.