Mac iPhone Backup File Extractor - How to Extract iPhone Backup on Mac
The moment you deleted the wrong number on your iPhone or you get your iPhone lost, "Find a Mac iPhone backup extractor and recover lost data by extracting iPhone backup" must be the first thing that comes to your mind. Indeed, this is also the most effective way to rescue your data.
Then how is this possible? As we all know that iPhone backup is a kind of SQLITEDB files saved on our PC. To tackle with this, we need iPhone Backup Extractor for Mac (also called iTunes Data Recovery for Mac) which could extract photos, contacts, notes, call history and more from iTunes backup of iPhone. After the extracting process, you could view iPhone contacts, photos, text messages and more on Mac. Download iPhone Backup Extractor for Mac and have a try. Windows users should choose the Windows version which is called iPhone Backup Extractor.
Where is iPhone Backup Location on Mac?
To extract iPhone backup on Mac, you need first figure out iPhone backup location on Mac. When you back up or sync iPhone with iTunes on Mac, iTunes will create the SQLITEDB file on our computer hard drive, and locate the file in the following path on Mac:
How to Extract Photos, Text Messages, Contacts and More from iTunes Backup on Mac OS X
iPhone Backup File Extractor (Mac version) can extract backup of iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and other generation of iPhone on Mac in a quick and easy way. Here is how.
Updated: The iPhone Backup Extractor for Mac has recently been upgraded to support the latest iOS 9/8 devices. Just feel free to try if your iPhone is running iOS 9.3/9/8.
- 1. After you download iPhone Backup Extractor for Mac, launch the program, it will automatically find all iOS device backups and list them on the program interface. Select the backup you need and click "Start Scan" to precede.
Tips: Make sure the backup is not encrypted, or Mac iPhone Backup Extractor cannot open the backup.
- 2. After scanning, you are allowed to preview the backup photos, text message, contacts, notes and other backup contents. Select needed ones and click "Recover" to extract iPhone backup on Mac.
- 3. When a popup window appears, select a path to save the extracted iPhone files on Mac.
How to Backup iPhone 5s/5/5c/4s with iTunes on Mac
It's a good habit to backup iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s and more with iTunes on your Mac, so that you can still extract iPhone backup to get lost data even iPhone is lost or damaged. The backed-up information includes text messages, notes, call history, contact favorites, widget settings, and more. Here I will describe how to backup iPhone with iTunes on Mac, which hopefully will help you avoid iPhone data loss problem.
- 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer you normally sync with.
- 2. When your device appears in the iTunes window (below Devices), double-click the device, and then select "Back up".
Or you could use iPhone Backup Extractor for Mac to backup important iPhone contacts, photos, text messages and more to your Mac, so that you wouldn't be crying for losing iPhone data even iPhone is damaged, stolen or lost.