Top 3 Ways to Recover Lost Data on iPhone 5
You may have read reports claiming that Samsung is taking over in the smart phone wars, but according to a new report, the iPhone 5 is still the most popular smart phone. Based on vast amount of iPhone 5 users, no wonder that online community is flooded with the questions like "how to recover lost iPhone 5 files". Losing data from your iPhone 5 can happen for lots of reasons, including inadvertently delete, reset to factory settings, or failure to upgrade or jailbreak.
Here we list several methods on how to recover data from iPhone 5 on Mac. So, no matter for what reason you lost your data, you can find the corresponding solution here.
Top 3 Ways to Recover iPhone 5 Data on Mac OS X (Yosemite Included)?
Way 1: Restore iPhone 5 Data from Backup with iTunes on Mac
Each time you sync your iPhone with iTunes, the data on the iPhone are automatically backed up on your Mac. If you lost iPhone files, you can restore iPhone 5 data from backup with iTunes.
It is a relatively simple task.
- Can't preview files before iPhone 5 data recovery.
- You have to restore all the files at a time, instead of some of them. In another word, you can't selectively recover data on your iPhone 5.
Go for an alternative solution to perform iPhone 5 data recovery for Mac.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone 5 to the Mac with which you normally sync.
- Step 2: iTunes will automatically launch. Click the "File" menu and select "Devices" > "Restore from Back up".
Way 2: Recover Files from iPhone 5 with Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery for Mac
Now that iTunes limits us a lot when you restore iPhone data, why not turn to third-party software? Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery for Mac is a reliable, easy and safe program that enables you to recover deleted, lost, wiped file from iPhone 5 and previous iPhone models on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
- Recover 12 types of file: contacts, text messages, photos, notes, and more.
- It complements all functions that iTunes can't do, including preview and selective recovery.
- It provides 2 recovery modes: retrieve lost files from iTunes backup and without iTunes backup.
Need to Download, but it is quick and safe.
To get started, download it right now. Windows users should choose the Windows version instead.
How to Recover Data Directly from iPhone 5 without Backup?
If you have no backup, try to get back lost files directly from iPhone device like this:
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone 5 to Mac, click "Start Scan" on the software interface.
- Step 2: Select the files you need to recover after preview.
- Step 3: Specify a location on your Mac to save the recovered files.
How to Recover iPhone 5 Data from iTunes Backup?
Have backed up? Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Switch to "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File". Select the backup file of your iPhone 5 and click "Start Scan".
- Step 2: Select the files you want to recover. You are allowed to preview for this mode as well.
- Step 3: Save the restored data on your Mac.
Way 3: Restore iPhone 5 Files from iCloud Backup?
iCloud allows you to back up data on your iPhone 5, you can restore iPhone from iCloud backup.
More flexible. You can perform iPhone file restore on your iPhone device.
- You should enable Backup on your iPhone in Settings > iCloud > Backup & Storage.
- Only works when connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi.
- iCloud backup only stored in iCloud for 30 days with 5 GB free space.
- Hidden risks like wireless vulnerabilities, virus infections, hacking attempts, data theft.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone 5 to Wi-Fi and select "Restore from iCloud Backup" on your iPhone 5.
- Step 2: Type your iCloud account and password.
- Step 3: Select recent backup you want to restore.
Anyway, Tenorshare iPhone 5 data recovery for Mac is the best assistant to recover lost files on iPhone 5.