Top 3 Questions on iPhone 4 Data Recovery for Mac
When using iPhone 4 you may have a bunch of questions relating to iPhone 4 data recovery for Mac. Actually it's not at all difficult to recover data from iPhone on Mac. Here in this article we focus on the 3 most frequently asked questions on this topic.
Question 1: When Could We Perform iPhone 4 Data Recovery for Mac
You may mistakenly believe that once your data is lost from iPhone 4, you'll never be able to recover. The truth is that in some circumstances you still have a chance to restore iPhone 4 data on Mac when:
- You inadvertently deleted important contacts, text messages, etc. on iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 is damaged, stolen or has a black or white screen
- Find files or data missing after iOS (8/7) update or iPhone jailbreak
- Lost iPhone 4 files after factory restore
Question 2: How to Recover Data from iPhone 4 on Mac
Recovering files on iPhone 4 can be very easy if you find the right tool in aid. To save your effort of looking for a proper tool, you could just go for iPhone 4 Data Recovery for Mac, a program specially designed for iPhone users to recover deleted iPhone 4 files on Mac. You can choose to recover both from iPhone directly (without iTunes backup) and restore from iTunes/iCloud backup. You can recover iPhone pictures, contacts, call history, messages (including WhatsApp messages, Tango messages and Viber messages) and totally 16 kinds of iPhone data with this tool.
If your computer is running Windows instead of Mac OS, download the Windows version.
Here's a brief tutorial on how to use iPhone 4 Data Recovery for Mac to retrieve iPhone 4 data on Mac. Download this program to your Mac before we start.
- Step 1. Connect iPhone 4 to PC with USB cable and then launch iPhone 4 Data Recovery for Mac.
- Step 2. Select mode "Recover Data from iOS Devices".
Note: If you have an iTunes backup of your iPhone 4, you can also set recovery mode to "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File". The program will then help you recover iPhone 4 data from iTunes backup on Mac.
- Step 3. Click "Start Scan" to scan iPhone for lost files.
- Step 4. After scanning, all files will be displayed according to category. You are allowed to preview and choose needed ones to recover.
Question 3: How to Prevent Data Loss from iPhone 4
So is there something we can do to prevent data loss on iPhone? Of course, below are some precautions we have for you.
- Safely remove the iPhone from your computer using 'Eject' in iTunes or disconnect your iPhone through the 'Safely Remove Peripherals' option in system tray. Improper removal of the iPhone may damage its critical data structures, and put you in a risk of losing your data.
- Back up your iPhone 4 with iTunes regularly, especially before updating iOS or jailbreaking iPhone, as iOS upgrade and iPhone jailbreak usually cause iPhone data loss.
- Enable Find My iPhone on your iPhone 4, so that you can find your iPhone once it's stolen or lost.
However if you failed to do all these precautions and lost your iPhone, you can still use iPhone 4 Data Recovery for Mac to recover data from iPhone 4 without backup on Mac, which just takes you a few minutes.