How to Recover Text Messages from iPad Air/mini 2/mini/4 on Mac
The iPad isn't just for watching Netflix, browsing the web, gaming or taking wonderful photos, it's also widely used for free texting. However, the text messages you sent or received can be deleted from iPad through factory settings reset, iOS update, unexpected deletion, etc. How to retrieve lost text messages from iPad Air/mini 2/mini/4 on Mac?
iOS devices have a unique and safe way to store data. It seems impossible to recover the lost messages from iPad without extra help. If you haven't decide which tool to choose, you can try iPad Data Recovery for Mac, a professional tool aimed to restore iPad messages as well as contacts, photos, notes, etc. It works well on all Mac OS X including the latest OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.8 Mountain Lion and lower. Go for iPad Data Recovery (Windows version), if you're running Windows OS.
2 Methods to Recover Messages from iPad Air/mini 2/mini/4 on Mac
iPad Data Recovery for Mac offers users 2 ways to recover texting from iPad: Restore text messages directly from iPad and Restore text messages from iTunes backup.
Method 1: Restore text messages directly from iPad: Haven't backed up iPad before? That's OK. You can connect your iPad to Mac and use iPad Data Recovery for Mac to directly scan iPad and then retrieve SMS from iPad Air, iPad mini 2 (iPad mini with Retina display), iPad mini, iPad 4 (iPad with Retina display), iPad 3 (the new iPad), etc. on Mac. Download and install it on your Mac and follow the steps below to have a try.
- 1. Connect your iPad to your computer and run the iPad Data Recovery for Mac program.
- 2. Select "Recover Data from iOS Device" and tap on "Start Scan".
- 3. As scanning finishes, a list of files will be displayed by category. Choose the "Messages" category and you could preview the details of the messages.
- 4. Select needed messages and restore SMS from iPad Air/mini 2/mini/4 on Mac.
Method 2: Restore text messages from iTunes backup:You can extract text messages from iTunes backup if you have backed up iPad before you lost SMS on iPad. The advantage is that even if your iPad gets a black screen or iPad is broken, dead or lost, you could still manage to recover all the text messages as long as you have the backup.
- 1. Run iPad Data Recovery for Mac and select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup Files" on the main interface.
- 2. The program will automatically detect all backup on your Mac. Select the one you need and tap on "Start Scan" to go on.
- 3. The program will scan iTunes backup and extract the backup at the same time. In one minute or two, you will get the scan results just like that in the first method. Check the messages you need and then click "Recover" to save them to Mac.
In this post we talked about how to recover text messages from iPad Air/mini 2/mini/4 on Mac with third party software iPad Data Recovery for Mac. We'll keep you updated with other iPad tips and tricks in our posts. Follow us on twitter, Facebook or Google Plus if you like our posts!