How to Recover Lost Notes from iPad 5 (iPad Air) on Mac
"When I type something on my notes and come back later, for some strange reason all my notes on iPad Air disappeared. How do I recover notes from iPad on Mac? Any help would be greatly appreciated!"
Does the above scenario sounds familiar to you? It's true that we can easily lost notes on iPad for this reason or that. But you should know that once your iPad Air notes are deleted or lost, there's still a chance to recover them, even you have never backed up or synced iPad Air with iTunes. You can recover either from backup or without backup, which will be covered in the following sections.
- Section I. Recover iPad Air note on Mac without backup
- Section II. Recover iPad Air note from iTunes backup on Mac
Many iPad users thought that iPad notes cannot be recovered without backup. The truth is that with third party tools like iPad Data Recovery for Mac, you can easily restore iPad Air notes on Mac directly from iPad itself. This requires you to connect iPad with Mac prior to the recovery. The tool works only for Mac users including the latest Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). Windows users should choose iPad Data Recovery instead.
- Step 1: When start the program on your Mac, select the second mode: Recover Data from iOS Device.
- Step 2: Scan iPad Air for notes you want to retrieve.
- Step 3: After the scan, you can preview the found notes one by one. Select those you want to save and click "Recover", you can save them on your computer with one click.
The items displayed here include deleted ones and those still on your iPad. You can check "Only display the deleted items" at bottom if you only want to get back the deleted notes.
Or you can still user iPad Data Recovery for Mac to restore iPad Air notes by extracting the iTunes backup. It can make your iPad backup viewable and you can selectively recover any notes you want, instead of restore the whole backup.
- Step 1: Run the program, select the first mode: Recover Data from iTunes Backup Files.
- Step 2: Choose your iPad Air backup and scan iPad Air backup.
- Step 3: Preview notes. Select those you want to save and click "Recover" to recover notes from iPad Air on Mac.
The notes will then be saved in a .xml, .txt or .xls file on your Mac. What's more, iPad Data Recovery for Mac also works for iPad 4 (iPad with retina display), iPad mini and other iPad models. You can feel free to have a try!