How to Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iPad Air on Mac (including Text Messages, Contacts, Notes and More)
Think one minute: how to retrieve files from iPad Air on Mac OS when you run into the following situations?
- Update to a new version of iOS 9.3/9/8.2/8.1/8/7.1/7 and all contacts on iPad Air are missing afterwards
- iPad Air keeps rebooting after iOS 7 jailbreak, or iPad got a black screen, no way to access important data on iPad
- Important files are deleted due to factory settings reset, jailbreak, accidental deletion
- Set a lock-screen passcode for iPad Air but forgot the passcode and can't access all data on iPad
You must be wondering if the deleted or lost contacts, photos, notes, etc. are still recoverable. The good news: The lost files can be recovered. Download the iPad Data Recovery for Mac tool and it will show you how to recover deleted iPad Air files on Mac OS X with 3 methods: recover from iPad itself, restore from iTunes backup and recover from iCloud backup.
For Windows users, download iPad Data Recovery.
iPad Air Data Recovery for Mac: Top 3 Methods to Get Back Lost iPad Data
iPad Data Recovery for Mac supports to recover contacts, photos, notes, reminders, voice memos and totally 16 kinds of files from all iPad including the latest iPad Air and iPad mini 2. Even if you haven't backed up or synced iPad with iTunes/iCloud, the Mac iPad Air data recovery tool still makes it possible for you to restore lost data from iPad Air on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion or earlier.
Updated: Since Apple unveiled iOS 8 at WWDC2014, the software developer has upgraded iPad Data Recovery for Mac to support iOS 8 devices and recover lost data after installing iOS 8.
Method 1: Recover Files Directly from iPad Air
- Connect your iPad Air with Mac through the USB cable and launch the program on the same computer. Select "Recover Data from iOS Devices". When your device has been recognized by the program, click "Start" button to scan your iPad Air.
- Then all the data found in your iPad Air will be listed in organized categories on the left column. Note that the deleted files will be marked in red letters, so that you can easily tell apart which are still on your iPad and which are deleted.
- At last click "Recover" button. In the pop-up window, select a saving location on your computer.
Method 2: Recover Data from iTunes Backup of iPad Air
Additionally, if you have backed up your iPad Air with iTunes, you can select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup Files". Steps to operate are the similar with steps above. This could be pretty convenient especially when your iPad Air is damaged, lost or stolen as you can use both the other methods without needing your iPad Air.
Method 3: Recover Data from iCloud Backup of iPad Air
Instead of iTunes backup, you can also restore from iCloud backup which share the same steps with the above methods. The only difference is that you need to select "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File" and then sign in with Apple ID to download iCloud backup and recover lost iPad data.
With all this done the iPad Data Recovery for Mac software will save all the recovered files on your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or other computer running Mac.
Additional Tips: How to Improve iPad Air Battery Life
While battery life isn't usually a huge issue on the iPad Air, however, if you feel you're getting less than expected battery life on your iPad, here are some tips to reduce battery drain and improve battery life.
- You can either lower the default screen brightness by yourself or turn on Auto-Brightness. Launch the Settings app, scroll down and tap on Brightness & Wallpaper and set Auto-Brightness to On.
- Set Auto-Lock interval so that the iPad Air will turn off more quickly if you don't use it. To enable this: go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock and set the atuo-lock interval to either 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 minutes.
- Turn off Location services for the following System services: Diagnostics & Usage, Setting Time Zone, Location Based iAds (Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services).
Besides these tips, you can refer to post how to fix battery life issue with iOS 7 for other tips that soves battery drain issue and improve battery life on all iOS 7 devices.