Everything You Need to Know about Recovering iPad Air Data on Mac OS
The fifth generation iPad, which is named iPad Air, is thinnest and lightest full-size iPad. And it's probably the most amazing iPad ever created. However it's not totally problem free. For instance, you might need to look for iPad Air data recovery for Mac solutions when you lost iPad Air data after iOS updates, jailbreak, factory reset, etc. You'll find everything you need to know about iPad Air data recovery on Mac.
1. About iPad Air Data Recovery for Mac Software
If you search the internet carefully for iPad Air data recovery solutions, you might find that there are actually some software tools that you can seek professional help from, for instance the iPad Data Recovery for Mac tool.
This tool is popular because it supports to recover data for all models of iPad including iPad Air, iPad with Retina display, the new iPad and iPad 2. It runs well on all Mac OS including the latest OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.8 Mountain Lion. What's more, you can retrieve as much as 16 types of data from iPad. The list below shows details of the file types that can be recovered.
|Voice Memos||Camera Roll||SMS Attachments||Call History|
|Tango messages||WhatsApp messages||App data||Voice Mails|
Windows users have the Windows version which is called iPad Data Recovery.
2. How to Recover Deleted iPad Air Data on Mac without Backup
Haven't backed up iPad Air or the data you're to recover are not included in the backup? That's OK. iPad Data Recovery for Mac can help you recover iPad Air data on Mac even you don't have an iTunes backup. It allows you to restore contacts, notes, photos, etc. directly from iPad Air.
- Launch iPad Data Recovery on your Mac after installation. Make sure your iPad Air is switched on and connect your iPad Air to Mac. Then choose the recovery mode "Recover Data from iPad" and click "Start Scan".
- In the scanning result, you will be present all the lost files. Choose one category to preview. Then select all of them or just the wanted ones and click "Recover" to perform iPad Air data recovery on Mac.
3. How to Recover iPad Air Data from iTunes/iCloud Backup on Mac
If you have an iTunes backup or iCloud backup, that would be great. You can even recover iPad Air data when your iPad Air is not at hand (damaged, lost or stolen) as long as you have this iPad data recovery for Mac tool.
- In the interface of the program, select the recovery mode "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" or "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File". The picture below will take iTunes backup for an example. The program will automatically find and list all the iTunes backup files. Select the right backup file and click "Start Scan".
- Preview data, select those you need and click "Recover" to save them on your Mac.
4. How to Avoid iPad Air Data Loss
Even you have iPad Data Recovery for Mac to recover iPad Air data, it does no ill to you to protect your iPad Air data.
- Make backups or copies of your precious iPad Air files on a regular basis, so that you can still recover from backup with iPad Data Recovery for Mac.
- Think twice before you delete something or reset your iPad Air, check if there are something important left behind. If you have important files on iPad Air, keep your iPad away from children.
- Buy a cover or case to protect your iPad Air in case it gets broken or water damaged.
While you must have enough about iPad Air data recovery from the above Q&As. If you find our post interesting, you can follow us on Twitter or Facebook. We'll offer you more tips and tricks about iPad Air.