How Do I Recover Lost iPad 4 Data on Mac/PC?
Today's mailbox question:
"I accidently deleted all the notes on my iPad 4. They are very important since some are my random inspiration for my new book. How can I recover lost data from iPad 4 on Macbook."
Accidents happen. They especially tend to happen with data that we can't afford to lose since they are irreplaceable or hard to recreate. Fortunately, iPad 4 data recovery on Mac OS is pretty easy as long as you find a reliable way that can help you. If you are a Windows user and lost iPad 4 data, click here >>
There are 3 different paths to take: Restore iPad 4 from iCloud, Restore iPad 4 from iTunes and Recover iPad 4 Data with Tenorshare iPad 4 Data Recovery for Mac. Each one has its pluses and its minuses, which we will explain to you in detail.
1. How to Restore iPad 4 from iCloud Backup?
If you backed up your data with iCloud on your device before, you can restore iPad 4 data from iCloud backup. Here is how-to.
- Connect iPad 4 devices to Wi-Fi and plugged into the charger.
- Select "Restore From iCloud Backup" option.
- Enter your iCloud account and password.
- Choose the recent backup you wish to restore to your iPad 4.
- Enter any passwords required when prompted.
2. How to Restore iPad 4 from iTunes Backup on Mac?
iTunes create backup file every time you sync your iPad 4 with it. Therefore, you can restore iPad 4 from iTunes backup. This kind of iPad 4 data rescue will revert all data on your iPad 4 to those contained in the backup. There is a potential risk: if your lost files are NOT in this backup, your current data on your iPad 4 will be erased as well. Light gains make heavy purses. So, be cautious if you are not that certain.
If you insist on restoring iPad 4 data from iTunes backup, launch iTunes and connect your device, and then click the "File" menu and select "Device"> "Restore from Back up".
3. How to Recover iPad 4 Files with Tenorshare iPad 4 Data Recovery for Mac?
Tenorshare iPad 4 Data Recovery for Mac is the very software program that can recover notes, messages, photos, videos, calendar, and other files on iPad 4 (iPad with Retina Display). It provides 2 recovery modes: recover data from iPad 4 device without iTunes backup and recover iPad 4 data from iTunes backup. Of course, it supports previous iPad modes: iPad 3, iPad mini, iPad 2 and iPad 1.
The following are steps you can use to recover data from iPad 4 by using this iPad 4 file data recovery for Mac.
Option 1: Recover Data Directly from iPad 4
- Select "Recover Data from iOS Devices" and click "Start Scan".
- Preview and select the files you need to recover. And then click "Recover" to save the recovered files.
Option 2: Recover Data from iPad 4 Backup （iTunes Backup and iCloud Backup）
- Select "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" or "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File". Choose your iPad 4 backup file and click "Start".
- Preview your iPad 4 lost files in details and select the ones you want to recover by clicking "Recover" button.
Now, you can decide for yourself which is better for your iPad 4 data recovery needs. Sure, Tenorshare iPad 4 Data Recovery for Mac offers you more options for iPad data recovery, covers any data loss scenarios and is pretty easy to use.