3 Options to Backup iPad Videos and Photos to Computer
As anyone could lose data due to deletion, system corruption, hard drive damage or other reasons, the best precaution is to backup data in advance. For iPad users, learning how to backup photos and videos to Computer is essential. This post describes you 3 options to do the backup: backup with iCloud, backup with iTunes and backup with iPad Data Recovery for Mac, a third party tool. if your are PC User , Click Here >>
- Option 1. Backup iPad Photos and Videos on Mac with iCloud
- Option 2. Backup iPad Photos and Videos to Mac with iTunes
- Option 3. Backup iPad Photos and Videos to Mac with a Third Party Tool
You can automatically back up data, settings, photos, and documents with iCloud simply by turning the iCloud Backup feature on. To do this, your iPad should be running iOS 5 or higher. And you have to enable Backup on your iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, the new iPad and iPad 2 in Settings > iCloud > Backup & Storage.
Attention: iCloud Backup does not back up movies, videos and TV shows that you did not purchase from the iTunes Store, or photos that you originally synced from your computer. If you want to be free from these limitations when back up iPad videos and photos, try another professional backup tool iPad Data Recovery for Mac.
iTunes could help to backup a lot of contents from iPad to Mac. Unlike iCloud, iTunes can back up the photos and videos you shot. For detailed steps on how to backup iPad photos and videos to Mac with iTunes, check the post 4 Questions to Help You Better Understand iTunes Backup.
Besides iTunes and iCloud there is still a third party software called iPad Data Recovery for Mac which enables you to back up videos and photos on iPad to Mac with easy steps. A great advantage of this tool is that you could connect iPad to Mac and directly back up all the pictures and videos to computer with iPad Data Recovery for Mac. To be added, you can also back up other iPad contents like contacts, notes, calendar, etc. to Mac with the same steps.
The program is compatible with all models of iPad including iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, the new iPad and iPad 2. No matter you are running Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7 or versions below, you can feel free to download and install this tool on your computer.
Below is a brief guide on how to use iPad Data Recovery for Mac.
- 1. Launch iPad Data Recovery for Mac and select "Recover Data from iOS Devices" on the main interface.
- 2. Click "Recover Data from iOS Devices" to scan for videos and photos you want to backup to Mac.
- 3. As scanning completes, you could click "Photos" and "Videos" on the left to preview videos and photos in details.
- 4. Check the specified videos and pictures you want to backup, and then click "Recover" to backup iPad photos and videos to Mac.
With all this done, you can backup iPad photos and videos to Mac without iTunes or iCloud.