How to Recover Deleted, Lost Files on Mac
"Oh, my gosh! My Mac deleted the thesis I wrote!"
A big tragedy, right? We've all been there at some point. You just deleted an important file from your computer and emptied the trash bin then, or deleted files on other external storage devices. But before you start to frown and feel sorry for this, there's a great chance that your data is still kicking and alive somewhere on your hard drive or other storage devices. You just need to find them out with the right tool and then recover accidentally deleted files on Mac OS X with several clicks.
Are you kidding? The deleted files are really recoverable?
Yes, it's true. The erased data are still there on the hard drive, only the hard drive space they occupied is made available for new files. Therefore, as long as new files not write the old files, data recovery tools such like Data Recovery for Mac may be able to recover the old files.
Top reasons for data loss on Mac
The data recovery tool could help you recover lost files on Mac in various situations, regardless of how your data is deleted or lost. Some of the situations are listed below:
- Accidentally emptied Trash Bin on Mac Mavericks, Mountain Lion and earlier
- Data lost after updating to latest OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Formatted Macintosh HD without backing up important files
- Want to get rid of some files but deleted the wrong one by mistake
- The whole folder get virus infected and files are damaged
- Lost files during data transferring between external devices (digital camera, USB flash drive, memory card, removable disk etc) and Mac
How to retrieve deleted files on Mac
Using the tool Data Recovery for Mac to recover deleted files on Mac (including Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion and earlier) doesn't require much effort. Several clicks of the mouse would be enough. Download and install Data Recovery for Mac to your Mac and we'll recover deleted videos, photos, music, documents and other files from Mac's hard drive and other portable devices together.
- 1. After installing and launching Tenorshare Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac, you'll get an interface as the image below. You just need to select a recovery mode to start.
Editor's Note: Do not install the application on the partition or volume that your data was lost from.
- 2. The program will detect and show all partitions/volumes on your Mac. Select the one you want to recover data from to begin scanning for lost files. If the files you want to restore are stored on other storage devices, make sure it's well connected to Mac.
- 3. You can check the files you want to retrieve with original file names. And for images, you can even be able to preview them. Select these files you need and click "Recover" to recover and save them to your Mac.
Does the information above throw some light on how to recover deleted files on Mac for you? If you find the tool Data Recovery for Mac useful, don't hesitate to share with friends who want to undelete files in Mac OS X or recover recently deleted files on Mac. To be added, if you are intend to share with friends running Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, make sure you choose Data Recovery Professional (the Windows version).