How to Change Screen Time Passcode If Forgot 2023
by Anna Sherry Updated on 2022-08-18 / Update for Screen Time
Using a screen time limit enables you to keep your habits in check and not overuse your iPhone or iPad. And it is limited by the screen time passcode you set. There is possibility that you forget the passcode or have a used iPhone. How to change screen time passcode? It is a necessity to know, which will be explained in great detail below.
- Part 1: How to Change Screen Time Passcode Directly
- Part 2: How to Change Screen Time Passcode When You Forgot
- Part 3: FAQs about Changing Screen Time Passcode
Part 1: How to Change Screen Time Passcode Directly
Before explaining how to change screen time passcode when you forgot, we still want to mention about how to change this passcode if you remember the old screen time passcode. It is easy but practicle.
- Open Settings > Screen Time on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on Change Screen Time Passcode. Select the option again.
Enter the old screen time passcode, and then type the new passcode two times. Done.
Part 2: How to Change Screen Time Passcode When You Forgot
Let’s now come to instances when you have forgotten the screen time passcode or you do not know it. Whatever the reason, we have to find out how to change screen time passcode if you forgot it. There are two ways.
1. Use Apple ID to Change
While setting the screen time passcode, you can enter the Apple ID for later passcode recovery. So if you did that, you can change screen time passcode with Apple ID. And this process will be a breeze.
- Also go to Settings > Screen Time, and tap on Change Screen Time Passcode twice.
- In the page to enter the old screen time passcode, tap on Forgot Passcode?.
You will now be asked to enter in your Apple ID and passcode.
Set up the new screen time passcode and confirm it. That's it.
2. Use 4uKey to Remove
If you do not remember the screen time passcode and do not set the Apple ID, then resorting to Tenorshare 4uKey might be the best choice you can make. 4uKey will remove the passcode and no data will lose either.
The first thing to do is download, install and run 4uKey on your computer. Choose the “Remove Screen Time Passcode” option.
Connect your iPhone to the computer, then click on “Start Remove” to continue.
To go on, you need to turn off Find My iPhone in Settings. Then the removal process will begin. Wait for some seconds before completing.
Once the screen time passcode has been removed successfully, your iPhone or iPad will restart. While setting up, do follow the on-screen steps.
- The screen time passcode has been removed. If you need, you can set a new passcode.
Part 3: FAQs about Changing Screen Time Passcode
Q1: How many attempts can I enter the wrong screen time passcode?
Answer: You can enter the wrong screen time passcode 4 times. And after the fifth time, you need to try in a minute. And the screen will be locked for 5 minutes after 6 failed tries, and an hour if there are 10 failed attempts. Anyway, the more wrong times, the longer you need to wait.
Q2: Will I lose data after change the screen time passcode if forgot?
Answer: No, you will not lose any data after you change the screen time passcode if you forgot with the above-mentioned methods. But if you end up factory resetting your iPhone, the data will not be kept, which is not recommended.
Forgetting passcode is a common issue, and how to change screen time passcode to a more memorable one makes sense. You can accomplish it with Apple ID or Tenorshare 4uKey without any data loss.
- Remove Apple ID or iCloud account on iPhone/iPad without password
- Bypass iPhone/iPad screen passwords instantly
- Bypass MDM Screen from iPhone/iPad
- Remove screen time passcode in 3 simple steps
- Fix disabled iPhone/iPad without iTunes or iCloud