How to Fix IMS Service Has Stopped J7/J3/S6/S5/Note8/5: 6 Solutions
The IMS service allows your phone to work properly with an operator or a third-party communication application. This service allows calls and text messages to be distributed over an IP network. Although it works most of the time, there are cases where certain issues can cause this service to fail. In this article, we will give specific details and information about IMS and if you get an IMS service has stopped J7 error, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Part 1: What is IMS Service?
The IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is a standardized Next Generation Networking (NGN) architecture for telephone operators, which enables the supply of fixed and mobile multimedia services.
This system uses VoIP technology based on a standardized 3GPP implementation of SIP operating on a standard IP protocol. An architecture that allows you to take full advantage of the increase in bandwidth (from 9.6 KB per second in 2G to 384 KB with 3G and up to 4 MB per second in 3G + for the transport of video services) by multiplying multimedia services, including data transfer, in particular video, TV, ringtones, etc.
All the major incumbent operators such as France Telecom, BT or Telecom Italia are today positioning themselves as integrated operators: voice, mobile, Internet and take over IMS to migrate from a voice-based model to a session-based model.
Part 2: How to Fix IMS Service Has Stopped J7/S8/S6/S5/J3/Note 4
The IMS service or the IP multimedia subsystem is a service that allows the Android software of the phone, such as the J7, to function without problems with a supplier or a communication application provided by the carrier. This gives the option to calls and SMS to be distributed via an IP network. Of course, there are situations where this service becomes not operational and shows the following error "Unfortunately, the IMS service has stopped S6". If you happen to encounter this error on your Samsung Galaxy J7, it can be solved by following these steps:
1. Turn Off Instant Apps to Fix IMS Service Has Stopped Galaxy J7
One of the problem that could contribute in this error is the instant apps. They are application that open automatically once installed. Normally, you would not be aware if an instant application is running unless you check them on your smart phone.
Make sure you turn them off if you encounter this problem, if it does not help, please proceed with the solutions below.
2. Solve IMS Service Has Stopped Note 5 with Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android
Fixing the "Unfortunately, the IMS service has stopped Android" error on a smartphone can sometimes prove troublesome, especially when you have just installed a new update or applications. If you have difficulties fixing this issue or any other type of errors on your android, we suggest that you use Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android. This software can detect and solve all the problems you have on your android, whether apparent problems or otherwise. This is a detailed step-by-step guide on how to use it.
The first step is to download and install the tool on your laptop. Run the software, connect your Android and press Repair Android System.
- Next, click on Repair Now to start the process.
Select the correct device info and download firmware package.
- The following step is to start android system repair with clicking Repair Now. This can be done once the firmware is fully downloaded to your computer.
A pop up will appear with detailed instructions to follow in order to make the repair success rate high.
- This whole process will take less than 10 minutes. One the repairing is done, you phone will be boot up normally.
3. Repair IMS Service Has Stopped Galaxy S6 via Updating Software
Sometimes, when your applications become obsolete, they start to show operating problems. Maybe due to some bugs in the app too, it can happen and it displays an error message. Make sure to check the application that were recently updated and uninstall them and install them again.
4. Update Applications in Google Play Store
You need to check the software update on your phone. The steps below will guide you better:
- Start by checking your settings on your phone and click "About phone".
Now tap on "Software Updates" and choose "Check for Updates".
- If an update is available, the "Download Now" option appears.
- Download it and when finished, a confirmation message will appear when you click "Yes" and your phone will restart.
- Now your phone will be updated to the latest version and you can then check if the error persists or if it has been resolved.
5. Change the Messaging Configuration
It is possible that this is caused by the cached data of the messaging application which has been corrupted. If this is the case, you will need to clear the cache and data from the messaging application.
- From any home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings. Scroll to "APPLICATIONS" and then tap Application Manager.
- Slide your finger to the ALL screen. Scroll to and touch Messages.
Tap Clear cache.
- Tap Clear Data, then tap OK.
- Check if the problem persists.
6. Factory Reset to Resolve IMS Service Has Stopped Samsung J7
A final troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will return the phone to its original state. Be sure to back up your phone data before performing this step.
- Turn off the phone.
- Hold down the Volume up and Bixby keys, and then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo appears, release all keys (the installation of the system update will be displayed for about 30 to 60 seconds before displaying the options of the Android system recovery menu).
Press the Volume Down key several times to highlight the "Wipe data/factory reset" option.
- Press the power button to select.
- Press the Volume Down key until "Yes - delete all user data" is highlighted.
- Press the power button to select and initiate the general reset.
- When the general reset is complete, the message "Restart the system now" is highlighted.
- Press the power button to restart the device.
As a conclusion, fixing the "Unfortunately, the IMS service has stopped" can be annoying, however, if you follow the steps above, it is guaranteed 100% to work under any circumstances. If Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android or any other way has helped you get rid of this issue, let us know.