Full Guide on How to Restore iPhone 6 (Plus)/6s (Plus)
When it comes to restoring iPhone 6 or any other iPhone model, people tend to confuse between restoring from backups and restoring their device to factory settings. There is a difference between the two terms and this is what about today's article is. With this whole guide mentioned below, you will gain full knowledge about how to restore iPhone 6 to factory settings or restore it from backup. Let's first briefly put light on these two expressions.
What is restore iPhone from backup?
On the one hand, restoring from backup means you execute when you wish to get your data back from the backups you made earlier, either with iTunes or iCloud. When you make backups of your device, you eliminate the chance of data loss and you become able to get the deleted data back from already-made backups whenever you want.
What is restore iPhone to factory reset?
Well! Factory settings restoration implies turning or taking your iPhone into the factory state. Putting differently, when you restore your iPhone to factory settings, the entire data will be erased from the device and you'll eventually send the device in the same state as it was when you purchased it.
No matter what your intention is, we provide full solutions for these two issues. Let's now move further and learn the tutorials for both operations in various ways.
Part 1: Ways to Restore iPhone 6 (Plus)/6s (Plus) from Backups
Let's now understand how you are able to restore iPhone 6 from iTunes/iCloud backup ehich is covered in this section.
- 1. How to Restore 6 (Plus)/6s (Plus) from iTunes Backup
- 2. Restore iPhone 6 (Plus)/6s (Plus) from iCloud Backup
- 3. Selectively Restore iPhone 6 Data from both iTunes and iCloud Backup
1. How to Restore 6 (Plus)/6s (Plus) from iTunes Backup
- Firstly, launch iTunes and plug iPhone with the PC.
- Hit on device icon at the top and choose 'Summary' panel.
- Click on 'Restore Backup' from main screen and confirm the actions.
2. Restore iPhone 6 (Plus)/6s (Plus) from iCloud Backup
To do this, initially you need to factory reset your device. You can refer to the aforementioned steps of 'Erase All Contents and Settings'.
Once done, turn on the device and reach to the 'Apps & Data' screen. Choose 'Restore from iCloud Backup'.
Login with iCloud details followed by opting for the backup you need. Within a while, the data will be restored.
3. Selectively Restore iPhone Data from both iTunes and iCloud Backup
Are you tired of restoring whole backup at once and craving for restore data selectively rather than whole backup? In case you're wondering the same, we would like to inform you that it's absolutely possible to restore your iPhone 6 or any other iPhone selectively. All this can be possible due to Tenorshare UltData. This amazing tool provides you the flexibility to choose if you want to restore backup fully or partially. Not just from iTunes and iCloud backups, this mighty tool can rescue your data when you have no backup and recovers data directly from iOS device. Here are the step-by-step guides for restoring iPhone 6 from iTunes and iCloud backups.
Step 1: Launch the tool and choose 'Restore from iTunes backup File'. Select the desired backup and hit 'Start Scan'.
Step 2: The selected backup will be scan and load the files. You can choose the needed files and then can preview them. Post previewing, you can click 'Recover' to complete the process.
Step 1: Open the tool and pick out 'Restore from iCloud Backup File' tab. Login with the iCloud credentials now.
Step 2: Select one backup file and click on 'Next'. The backup file will be scanned and now you need to choose the data type to restore and hit 'Next'.
Step 3: After choosing the file, preview data and on getting satisfied, select 'Recover' button to end the process.
Part 2: How to Restore iPhone 6 to Factory Settings
This section will make you aware about how you can restore iPhone 6 to factory settings in 4 different ways. Have a look and choose the suitable one.
- 1. Restore iPhone 6 to Factory Settings without Passcode and iTunes
- 2. Restore iPhone 6 to Factory Settings with iTunes
- 3. Restore iPhone 6 to Factory Settings with iCloud
- 4. How to Factory Reset iPhone 6 on Device
1. Restore iPhone 6 to Factory Settings without Passcode and iTunes
To restore iPhone 6 in the best possible way, Tenorshare 4uKey is highly recommended. This tool takes care to work perfectly and give results in the best possible way. You can simply unlock your device no matter there's 4 or 6 digit passcode, Touch ID or Face ID thereby setting your device as new i.e. in the factory settings. Having provided the positive results and being compatible with all iOS devices and versions, it has taken place among the most loved and trustworthy tools. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Launch the tool post downloading and installing it on the PC. Connect iPhone 6 to PC and click 'Start'.
Step 2: It's time to install firmware package. Just hit on 'Download' to carry it out and proceed with unlocking device.
Step 3: Post firmware downloading, hit on 'Unlock Now' and the program will bypass the passcode. You can now setup your device as new which will go to the factory state.
2. Restore iPhone 6 to Factory Settings with iTunes
To make the process happen with iTunes, follow the steps below.
- Open iTunes and connect iPhone 6 with PC.
- Click device icon followed by 'Summary' tab.
- Hit 'Restore iPhone' and confirm it. The device will be restored ultimately erasing the entire data.
3. Restore iPhone 6 to Factory Settings with iCloud
Here is how you can restore iPhone 6 to factory settings via iCloud. For this, you'll need to turn on the 'Find My iPhone' feature. The tutorial is as follows:
- Go to official iCloud website and sign in to proceed.
- Choose 'Find my iPhone' from the main screen.
- Select 'All Devices' and pick out your iPhone
- Click 'Erase iPhone' and tap 'Erase' to confirm erasure or restoring.
4. How to Factory Reset iPhone 6 on Device Directly
You can also go for factory resetting through directly your device. You just need to –
Head to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset' > 'Erase All Contents and Settings'. Enter passcode and confirm.
So, that was all about restore iPhone 6 from backup and to factory settings. We now hope that we are able to succeed in making you learn about restore iPhone 6 and there's no confusion between the terms anymore. However, on a serious note, we would suggest you to try Tenorshare in both cases, be it restoring to factory settings or restoring from backup. 4uKey promises ultimate performance whereas UltData offers three modes and can help from recovering data from iPhone directly. Choose wisely and restore iPhone 6 on your own now!