How to Erase iPhone from iTunes
Erasing iPhone using iTunes can be as easy as a cup of tea. iTunes is a default application designed by Apple for its users convenience. This app helps users to back up all the data and information without any problem and it even restore your iPhone which means you can factory reset your iPhone using this app but while performing this process your data of iPhone will be wiped up completely. iTunes is said to be a traditional method for erasing iPhone as this method is working from the time when iPhone existed. Today, I will show you how to erase iPhone from iTunes if it's unlocked and even when it is locked with some extra tip for your guys.
- Part 1: How to Erase iPhone from iTunes if it's Unlocked
- Part 2: How to Erase iPhone from iTunes if it's Locked
- Part 3: How to Completely Factory Reset Your Locked iPhone without iTunes
Part 1: How to Erase iPhone from iTunes if it's Unlocked
If your iPhone is unlocked then it is really simple and easy to erase with the help of iTunes. All you need to have is a working USB cable and latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. Make sure to backup all the content of your iPhone before erasing iPhone. This app will automatically detect your iPhone once you connect to computer and will show all the information regarding the iPhone on the screen which will help users to know how long it will take to erase the iPhone completely.
Steps on how to erase iPhone using iTunes:
1. Open iTunes on your PC or Mac and connect your iPhone using USB cable.
2. You might get a message asking for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, Click on the steps as it says.
4. Click on Restore iPhone option which you see in Summary panel.
5. Again a message will appear on screen, click on Restore and update to confirm the request.
6. iTunes will erase your iPhone and install the latest version of iOS on your iPhone.
Part 2: How to Erase iPhone from iTunes if it's Locked
You can even erase iPhone using iTunes it the device is locked. This method will be helpful to those users who have forgotten their password and unable to unlock the phone. You just need to put your iPhone into recovery mode and then restore with the help of iTunes. But this process will completely wipe all the data of the iPhone so if you have previously backed up your iPhone data then it is fine otherwise you will lose all the data of your iPhone.
Note: Download and install latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Steps on how to erase iPhone through iTunes:
1. First you need to open iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer using USB cord. Power off your iPhone by pressing the power button and swiping it off.
2. Then you need to press and hold home button and power button together for around 10 seconds.
3. After that release the power button but keep on pressing home button until you don't see a message from iTunes on your computer screen which says there is a problem with the iPhone [Device Name] that requires it to be updated or restored.
4. Then click on Restore button to continue the process.
5. Again you will see a pop-up message asking for the confirmation and also informing you that all the data will be erased from the device. Click on "Restore and Update" option.
6. iTunes will now download the software and restores the device.
Part 3: How to Completely Factory Reset Your Locked iPhone without iTunes
You don't need to go for iTunes for completely wiping your iPhone. There is an amazing tool called Tenorshare 4uKey which factory reset your iPhone with an ease. This tool supports latest version of iOS 12 with major iPhone models like iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6 and other previous models. This tool easily breaks 6-digit/4-digit passcode protection, Touch ID & Face ID. It works perfectly fine even if your iPhone display or button are broken. This tool is more fast and convenient to use then iTunes.
Steps on how to erase iPhone without iTunes:
1. First you need to download and install Tenorshare 4uKey on your computer. Then open 4uKey and connect your iPhone using USB cable.
2. Your iPhone will be automatically detected by 4uKey once you connect iPhone to computer. Click "Start" to continue the process.
3. You can see a window asking to download the latest firmware package. Click on Download button to start the download process.
4. Once the latest firmware completes downloading, click on "Unlock Now" to start erasing your iPhone. Few minutes will be taken to complete the process.
You have erased your iPhone easily with the help of 4uKey.
So, these are the solution on how to erase iPhone from iTunes. If you really want to erase your iPhone in faster and easy way, then you should better try 4uKey. This tool is more convenient and reliable to use as well as it gives more benefit compared to iTunes. Let us know what do you like about 4uKey and how was your experience using it.