Top 2 Ways to Open MS Word 2007 Files on a Mac
Both Windows and Mac have their own versions of office suite to help their users create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations on their machines. While that sounds really great to hear, the issues arise when you need to use a file on another platform.
For example, you might have a Word 2007 file sitting on your Windows PC that you now need to use on your Mac. How would you go about doing that?
One of the ways to do that is to download the Microsoft Office suite for your Mac and then use it to open the file. But, many of the users will not want to do that especially when the matter is just of a single file.
In such a case, you need to run to alternative options to open MS Word 2007 files on your Mac. Fortunately, there are multiple ways to do that and the following guide shows the top two ways to do that on your Mac machine.
Way 1: Use the Pages App to Open Word 2007 Files on Mac
You might be surprised to know that the Pages app on your Mac can actually handle MS Word files. So, if you have a Word file with yourself on your Mac, all you need to do is let the Pages app open it for you.
- Click on Launchpad in your Dock and search for and click on Pages and it will launch the Pages app on your Mac.
- When the app launches, click on the File menu at the top and select the option that says Open. It will help you open a new document in the app.
- Navigate to the directory where you have saved the MS Word 2007 file on your Mac and select it for it to open in the Pages app.
You should be able to see the contents of the MS Word 2007 file in the Pages app on your Mac. So, that was one way to open the MS Word files on a Mac.
Way 2: Use OpenOffice to Open MS Word Files on a Mac
Another way to access the Word files on a Mac is to use an open-source office suite called OpenOffice. The OpenOffice suite consists of a word processor, a spreadsheet creator, and a presentation maker. It should let you view the MS Word files on your Mac.
- Head over to the OpenOffice website and download and install the office suite on your Mac.
- Once installed, open the app named Writer. It is equivalent to MS Word on Windows PCs. Then, click on the File menu and select Open to open your MS Word file in the app.
- You should be able to see the contents of the Word file on your Mac.
So, that was one more way to open MS Word 2007 files on a Mac.
Extra Tip: How to Recover Lost MS Word 2007 Files on Mac?
Data loss is always a painful issue troubled many Mac users. If you unfortunately lost/deleted important Word documents on Mac, then there is a really nice utility – Mac Data Recovery out there that helps you do it. The following steps shows how to do that on your Mac. To get started, download, install and launch this software.
- Run Mac Data Recovery and click "Lost File Recovery" in the Home window.
- Select the volume where you lost your files, and specify the file types you need to recover. And then click "Scan" to start scanning.
- After scanning, all the recoverable files are displayed by file type and file path. Check the files you need, and then click "Recover" to get back the files.
Now you have a clear idea about how to open MS Word 2007 documents on your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro. We hope our solution would help you solve your problems.