Formatted your Memory Card? Recover Lost Data with Easy Steps
The memory card becomes a reliable storage to store your data to camera and mobile phone. Disaster is almost guaranteed to strike at some point during using your memory card, such as formatting your SD card. What should you do to recover data after formatting your memory card?
Why Data are recoverable after Reformatting?
You should even be able to recover photos from a reformatted memory card as long as you used a standard format command rather than a low-level format. (A low-level format not only deletes all the data on the card, but it also recreates the directories and folder structure of the card, rendering previously deleted files unrecoverable.)
How to Recover Data after Formatting Memory Card?
Memory Card Data Recovery is a piece of reliable data recovery software. It uses advanced algorithms to scan SD card, CF card, XD card, memory stick, MMC and dig the disk to search your lost files with user friendly interfaces. It supports all memory card brands like Sandisk, Transcend, Samsung, PNY, Sony, Panasonic, Lexar, Kingston, etc. For Mac users, you should free download the Mac version to recover files from memory card on Mac computer. Both of them use wizards to step you through the process, making file recovery super simple.
- Step 1. Connect your memory card to the computer through proper adapters, or you can directly connect it to the card slot. Then run the program and click "Start" to begin the memory card data recovery.
- Step 2. Select the card you are going to recover on the left, choose a recovery mode and hit "Scan".
- Step 3. When the scan finished, all the files found back will be displayed in the scan result panel. Check the files you'd like to recover, and then click "Recover" and save them on your computer.
How to Prevent Data Loss?
Here are a few useful tips to prevent against data loss.
- Set your memory card to be mounted as read-only whenever possible before you attempt any recovery operations.
- Even though memory card can be removed immediately. However, you'd better safely eject your card before removing. This will cut down on the possibility that data will be lost.
- Back up data regularly. This increases your odds of being able to retrieve your lost files.
What your experience about recovering files from formatting SD card? Talk back and let us know.