Mac Hard Drive Recovery: How to Recover Data from Mac Hard Drive
"Hi, my Mac hard drive got corrupted suddenly and it has stored 185 GB of important videos and photos which now becomes inaccessible. Is Mac data recovery possible or I have lost access to my important files completely?? Please help me as I urgently need those video and photos files?
Well, most of us ignore the need of backing up device data and the significance until we lose it. You will google for recovery of data from Mac hard drive, most probably after having a crashed hard disk or broken MacBook. The most common causes of data loss in Mac occur due to drive failure, disk damage, corrupted file system, CPU failure, or Mac OS failure. In case you are dreading about data loss and are very keen on Mac hard drive recovery, but don't know how to do that, we have got you covered. For a crashed disk without backup or accidental data erasing from the Mac hard drive or SSD we have collated the most effective solutions for you.
The Best Hard Drive Recovery Software to Recover Lost Data on Mac
When you are keenly looking for the best method to recover lost data from Mac computer, Tenorshare UltData - Mac comes as a strong contender. Whether you have accidentally wiped off the data or lost it due to system crash or hard drive formatting, UltData - Mac can flawlessly recover files from Mac hard drive. This amazing software can recover more than 550 types of files from your Mac computer without much hassle. Data loss resulting from software failure, accidental deletion, virus attacks or natural disasters can seamlessly be recovered using UltData - Mac.
- Restore lost files on Mac Hard drive due to hard drive crash, uncertain system shutdown, virus attacks, power surge, software corruption, file system corruption or wrong doing.
- Recover data from damaged, corrupted Mac Hard drive.
- Fully support APFS, HFS+, FAT32 and other file system.
- It is 100 per cent secure with high data recovery rate.
- It has an intuitive interface supporting 550 plus file type recovery.
- Support macOS 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra and earlier verisons.
Here comes the detailed guide for UltData - Mac the hard drive recovery software for Mac
Step 1: Select the location of data recovery
Install and run UltData - Mac and pick the location as Mac hard drive to initiate data recovery. Tap 'Scan' for locating the lost, deleted or formatted files.
Note: This method is effective, only when you have enabled backups through 'Time Machine' for recovering overwritten files.
Step 2: Preview after scanning
Within sometime, the deleted files will get scanned. Preview the files from the result section by tapping on them.
Step 3: Recover Mac files from the HD
Now, hit 'Recover' and choose a destination folder to save the recovered files. You shouldn't save them back to the folder or partition you have lost them at the first place. There might be the risk of permanent data loss.
Other Free Mac Hard Drive Recovery Software
Now that we have been through UltData - Mac, how about other Mac hard drive recovery software for free or paid? Well in this part of the article, we have collated number of tools for recovery of data from Mac computers. Keep reading to explore!
This is one of the Mac hard drive recovery software available for free. The software is available for multiple platforms and is a powerful player to recover Mac data. Videos, documents, archives on hard disks, CD ROMs, and lost photos on digital cameras can be recovered with this software. It can recover even the reformatted or extremely damaged file system's data. it has a read-only access for protecting your drive data.
- The interface is not intuitive for the users.
- Saving data to the data loss folder might overwrite the lost data permanently
- The complex interface deters users from exploring the benefits it offers.
TestDisk for Mac
It recovers partitions that you have lost from a disk rather than files. It can diagnosis and then recover by making the virus affected drives accessible through an additional computer. It supports a wide range of file systems, including NTFS, FAT, HFS+ etc.
- It doesn't have a GUI based platform to ease out the use. It is a command-line based tool.
- Non-intuitive interface deters novice users completely.
- It doesn't support APFS data recovery and takes ages to process.
- You can't get live updates about recovered files.
Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery
This freeware for Mac hard drive recovery can recover unlimited data from your Mac. It supports a broad range of file systems such as FAT32, FAT, EXFAT, NTFS for recovering data from Mac. It recovers data from any mountable media disk on the Mac system. From a formatted, deleted or damaged partition also it can recover data. powerful, fast and secure way of data recovery.
- You can't preview the files for recovery.
- The interface is very non-intuitive for novice users.
M3 Data Recovery application
You can recover data from deleted files as well as from RAW, damaged, inaccessible, deleted or lost partitions on your Mac. Apart from recovery, it can convert RAW drive to a NTFS or FAT32 file without losing any data.
- Can't recover RAID recovery.
- Only 1 GB data recovery with the free package.
- You need 48-digit recovery key for recovering data from Bitlocker encrypted drive.
It can find and recover digital devices and deleted media with a two-step process to recover files from your system. You can permanently delete file or recover them quickly using it. it has a mail recovery wizard and is available for free of cost.
- Non intuitive and not properly functional.
- Cases of corrupted pst files have been reported.
We made a small effort for you and provided you a list of powerful Mac hard drive recovery software. Also, you got familiar with how you can proceed with this using a reliable software with its step-by-step tutorial. The tool named as UltData - Mac that you can make use of without any second thought. So, on losing data, don't sit idle and go for the best one software.