Heat Your iPhone/iPad to Fix iTunes Error 9/14 When Upgrade/Restore/Downgrade
"I recently had restored my iPhone in iTunes. When I tried to restart the phone, it went to restore mode and told me I had to restore the software. I restored it in iTunes but get a message "iPhone could not be restored, Error 9". How to fix iTunes error code 9?"
Some users have seen an iTunes error 9 when restoring iPhone or iPad. Some also encountered the error 14, 4013 and 4014 during restoring. These errors are all claimed to be hardware issues and it's usually not an easy task to fix them. But recently, our readers have fed back to us that they had fixed error 9 by heading iPhone and then repairing the system, let's see how they managed it.
- Part 1: Possible Causes of iTunes Error 9 on iPhone/iPad
- Part 2: Steps to Fix iTunes Restore Error 9/14/4013/4014
- Defective USB ports or damaged USB cable. You are recommended to use the original Apple-supplied USB cable, also keep the USB port clean.
- Security software or firewall. Sometime your iPhone can be recognized as a potential threat to computer if there are running security software or firewall. You can disable these software and try again.
- Unstable network connection. A stable network is necessary for the operation between iTunes and iOS devices during update or restore.
- Jailbreaking iOS devices. If you are using a jailbroken iOS device and trying to restore in iTunes, you are also likely to get error code 9.
1.With Tenorshare ReiBoot
Apple lists restore error 9 as a security software issue while many other sites take it as software related error. If you've tried all the iPhone error 9 hardware solutions but failed, fix iPhone system with the professional iOS repairing tool Tenorshare ReiBoot.
- Heat your iPhone or iPad with a hair dryer (don't heat too much in case of causing any damage) and plug the earbuds into the jack.
- Download Tenorshare ReiBoot on your Mac or PC. Run the program and connect iPhone to computer.
- Click "Fix All iOS Stuck" and follow the instruction to put iPhone into DFU mode.
- Once the iPhone entered DFU mode successfully, the software will detect it immediately and list the firmware to download. Click "Download" to proceed.
- When the downloading process completes, you can simple click "Start Repair" to repair operating system. After system repairing, your iOS device will boot to normal.
2.With Free Tenorshare TunesCare
Free to try Tenorshare TunesCare, it is an expert software in fixing all kinds of iTunes errors when restoring or upgrading. Moreover, it also helps to repair various iTunes sync problems. Free download this versatile tool and follow the steps to fix iTunes error 9 or iphone error 14 completely.
Step 1: Download Tenorshare TunesCare and click "Fix All iTunes Issues" to fix your iTunes on computer.
Step 2: If your iPhone performs abnormally, you will see the interface below. Click "Repair iTunes" to start downloading iTunes drives for repairing.
Step 3: After downloading, Tenorshare TunesCare will automatically repair your iTunes. The repair process will take less than 2 minutes. After repairing completes, iTunes will restart automatically and now the error 17 should disappear.
3.Extra Tips: One-click to Backup & Restore iOS Devices
The Backup & Restore feature of Tenorshare iCareFone is designed to help iPhone, iPad and iPod users to back up their device and restore from backups in case of data loss. This software can be your best choice as it allows selectively backing up and restoring data you need. All files backed up are readable and accessible on computer. Read this guide and learn how to backup or restore your device.
Step 1: Connect Device
To start with, you will need to connect your device with iCareFone and select "Backup & Restore" tab and click "To view or restore previous backup files" from the lower left corner. All the backup files, either created by iTunes or iCareFone, will be displayed.
Step 2: Scan and Preview
Select a backup to proceed. If it's encrypted with password, you will need to enter the password first to extract the files.
Step 3: Restore Backup Files
This article summarizes the causes of iTunes error 9 and shows you how to fix iTunes restore error 9 while updating or restoring with iTunes. To avoid iTunes errors when restoring, Tenorshare iCareFone can really help us selectively backup and restore iPhone with one simple click. For more backup and restore information, check how to backup or restore iPhone without iTunes.