How to Fix iOS 10/9 Won’t Sync Music with iTunes
Recently some of the iPhone, iPad and iPod users reported iTunes (iTunes 12) won’t sync music to their device any more. According to our survey, most of them started running into sync issues with iTunes on Windows/Mac after iOS 10/9 upgrade. Some of the syncing problems include:
- All music is gone after updating to iOS 9 and since then iTunes won’t sync music.
- iTunes cannot read contents in iPhone.
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is not recognized in iTunes.
- Playlist won’t sync to iOS devices.
- iTunes says sync was successful, but no new music has gone across.
- Other sync issues with iTunes occur after a new iOS pgrade.
Here is one real case that we extracted from Apple Communites:
“After updating to iOS 9, I seemed to lose some songs (not all but some, that were not purchased through iTunes), and after re-syncing, it did not re-add them. Today, attempting round-two, it still did not re-add the songs.”
We all know that iTunes is one of the must-have programs to manage iOS devices and sync files between computer and devices. If you are troubled with the same plague and cannot sync music with iTunes after updating to a new iOS, this is the right place you come. I recommend you the Tenorshare TunesCare for Windows and Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac program - One Click to fix iTunes won’t sync music with iPhone after iOS 10/9 upgrade on Mac OS X (including iOS 11/10.3).
Steps to Fix iTunes Media Syncing Issues After iOS Upgrade on Windows
Actually if you are a PC user, you can use Tenorshare iCareFone for Windows, Tenorshare ReiBoot for Windows or Tenorshare TunesCare to fix iOS won't sync music with iTunes issue. Here I will take the Tenorshare TunesCare as an example to introduce the user guide.
- Step 1: Connect iOS Device to Tenorshare TunesCare.
- Step 2: What Kinds of Sync Problems Tenorshare TunesCare Can Help
- Step 3: Fixing iTunes Media Syncing Issues with iOS Devices
- Step 4: Repair iTunes Media Files Successfully
Download and install Tenorshare TunesCare to your Windows-based PC. Launch it and connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod to the computer.
If you encounter sync error in iTunes, or iTunes cannot detect your iOS device, this program can do the trick. All kinds of iOS devices syncing problems can be handled by it. Click Repair iTunes button to start fixing.
During the fixing process, you should not disconnect your iPhone, iPad or iPod. This process usually runs fast and completes within a minute.
Once the process completed, you can open iTunes to sync your music and other files to iOS 10/9 devices successfully now.
Steps to Fix iTunes Media Syncing Issues After iOS Upgrade on Mac OS
Download and Install Tenorshare iCareFone on your Mac computer. This program supports the latest Mac OS X EI Captain (10.11) as well as OS X 10.10, 10.9, 10.8 or lower. Also, it supports all iOS devices, including iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5.
- Step 1: Launch Tenorshare iCareFone from Applications folder on Mac, connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod device to it. Then the software will recognize your device.
- Step 2: Choose "Fix iOS Stuck" option on the bottom function tabs. Click "Enter Recovery Mode" and then click "Exit Recovery Mode" button to fix the iOS stuck issue.
- Step 3: If the "Fix iOS Stuck" function couldn't help, try the "Repair Operating System" to fix sync issue with any data loss.
As an all-in-one iOS cleanup and tuneup program, in addition to repair iTunes syncing issues with iOS devices, Tenorshare iCareFone provides system tools like speedup & clean, remove ads, repair operating system and data tools like backup & restore and files manager.
Here is the screenshot about Files Manager. You can use the Music option to transfer iTunes music.
Other Tips to Fix iOS 9 Won't Sync Music with iTunes Issue
There are aslo other tips you can use to fix, such as:
- Change another USB cable;
- Check WiFi Connection;
- Update iTunes to the latest verision
- Turn off iCloud Music Library and iTunes Match on iPhone: Tap Setting > Music to turn off it.
Just with a simple click, you can repair the iTunes syncing problems and freely transfer music and other media data to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch after updating to iOS 11/10.3/10.2/10.1/10/9.