How to Factory Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus have been all the rage and surprisingly there are lots of people who own this particular series. Factory resetting iPhone 7 or 7 Plus is a huge step usually taken to fix a certain issue in the device or when you are shifting to a new device. Here we will elaborate how to factory reset iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in different scenarios.
- Factory Reset iPhone 7 with iTunes
- Reset iPhone 7 from Settings
- How to Factory Reset iPhone 7 without Password or iTunes
In order to factory reset your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, please be certain that your system has the latest iTunes installed in it. If not, install it right now as the prerequisite. Also, make sure you have an authentic lightening cord for device and PC connection. Otherwise, the process won't go smoother and may bother you in between. The step by step tutorial is given below:
- Open the latest iTunes on your PC and then connect your iPhone 7 to it via the cable.
- After successful connection, your device will be detected and you will be on the main screen of iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone icon given at the top left of the screen.
- You can now notice the 'Summary' tab on the left panel. Click on it and then hit on 'Restore iPhone'. Click on it will reset your iPhone 7 to factory settings.
This way of resetting iPhone to factory settings can be applied when your iPhone is functioning and not locked up. We usually adopt this step before selling or giving away the device. The steps are as follows:
- Get your iPhone 7 and tap on 'Settings' from the Home screen.
- Go to 'General' now and tap on 'Reset' tab.
- Now, choose the option 'Erase All Contents and Settings'.
If, unfortunately, your iPhone is locked up and disabled, the above methods won't help. In order to bypass the passcode and restore iPhone to factory settings, I recommend Tenorshare 4uKey, a professional iPhone factory reset tool that is capable of resetting any iPhone/iPad/iPd with several clicks.
Run 4uKey on your PC or Mac, and connect locked or disabled iPhone 7/8/X/XS to computer. It will detetct your device even when it is loced up. Click Start button to continue.
Before unlocking and restoring iPhone to factory settings, please download the latest iOS firmware. The device will be restored with the latest iOS.
When the firmware package is downloaded successfully, you can reset iPhone to factory settings by clicking "Unlock Now"
When the process is done, your iPhone 7 is restored to factory settings with all settings and data erased permanently. You can set up your iPhone as new or restore from backup
We are sure that your doubt on how to factory reset iPhone 7 or 7 Plus might have gone by the end of this article. A simple reset from Settings won't update iOS, but if you forgot iPhone password, 4uKey is the best tool to factory restore your iPhone.