Top 3 Ways to Fix the iPhone/iTunes Error 2009
While iOS is said to be the most stable operating system ever created, it still has its share of issues and errors. One of the errors most iPhone users face is the error number 2009 that is caused by multiple things.
One of the main causes of this error is the USB cable that you use to plug in your device to your computer. If the cable that you are using is not from Apple, you will likely see this issue arising on your device. The first and foremost thing you can do to avoid the error is to use the official cable provided by Apple, and in case you have lost it then you need to buy an original cable separately from Apple. It should get the error fixed for you.
If you still face the error with an original Apple USB cable, then what you can do is unplug all of your other peripherals from your computer. You need to do this so that there is only one device which is your iPhone connected to your computer. That way your computer won't have an issue finding and recognizing your device. So, what you need to do is unplug your USB drives, web cameras, and all other stuff that you have plugged in to your computer. If you have done that, but still have the 2009 error, follow methods below to have a fix.
- Method 1: Restoring the iPhone to Fix Error 2009
- Method 2: Disabling the iTunes Helper to Solve Error 2009
- Method 3: Fix iPhone Error 2009 by Repairing iOS (No Data Loss)
Factory restoring iPhone is an easy way to solve many iOS errors on iPhone but will cause data loss. Make sure have backed up your device andtry to restore your iPhone using the following steps:
1.Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes by clicking on Launchpad in the Dock and searching for and clicking on iTunes. The app will open.
3. When iTunes launches, click on your device icon on the top to see the summary of your iPhone.
4. On the summary page you will find a button that says Restore iPhone. Click on it to restore your iPhone and to solve the error.
While the above method should solve the issue for you, in case the error is still there, you can use the following fix on your computer:
1.Click on the Apple logo in the top-left corner of your screen and select System Preferences. It will open the system settings panel on your Mac.
2. When the settings panel opens, click on the option that says Users & Groups. It will open the panel from where you can modify users and groups settings on your Mac.
3. On the following screen, click on your username in the left panel. Then, click on the Login Items tab in the right-panel to see all of the items that launch when you reboot your Mac.
From the available items, click on iTunesHelper and then click on the minus sign on that panel to remove iTunes Helper from the list.
It should solve the error 2009 on your device.
If these errors often happen on your devices, then you should consider getting an iOS System Repair Tool ReiBoot that helps you remove tons of errors from your device and it also helps you quickly get into the recovery mode for you to solve any errors there.
1. Run Tenorshare ReiBoot and connect your iOS device with the computer. Select "Fix All iOS Stuck" on the main interface. Click "Repair Now". Once the software detects your device, click "Start".
2. Click "Download" button to start downloading the firmware package online.
3. After the firmware package is downloaded completed and successfully. Click "Start Repair" to start system recovery.
After repairing, the iPhone error 2009 should be resolved completely. Get Tenorshare ReiBoot now and never worry about any kinds of iPhone error, iTunes error and iOS system issues.