How to Extract Music from iPhone within Seconds？
I have downloaded millions of free songs online to my iPhone 7 so I need somewhere else to store them, but I’m kind of stuck on extracting music from my iTunes to my Mac. How to fix this? Does anyone know? Cheers! referred from Apple Support Community
If you are on the same boat as the user above, you need to find alternative solutions. So far, Apple offers no solutions for how to extract songs outside iTunes Store from your iPhone to PC. If you really want to give a shot, you may take the risk of losing all of your songs on your iPhone. So what should we do? Feel free to explore how to extract music from iPhone to computer in the following part of this guide.
- Part 1: Extract Music from iPhone without iTunes
- Part 2: How to Extract Music from iPhone to Mac via iTunes
- Part 3: How to Extract Music from Your Old iPod
- Extra Tip: How to Stop iTunes From Automatically Syncing With Devices
- FAQs on Extracting Music from iPhone to PC
Part1: Extract Music from iPhone without iTunes - Top Recommended
Now we will take Tenorshare iCareFone as an offline alternative way to show you how it works. The software allows you to transfer any kind of music from any apps to Windows PC or Mac without Apple ID restrictions. Here are the steps:
- Download and install the software. Connect your device to your PC with a USB cable
Go to Manage > Music, then select the files from the list and tap Export.
- Now you have done all the jobs. Enjoy your music!
If you still want to compare between iTunes and third-party tools, you need to remember that every time you connect an iOS device to your iTunes, the songs in your iTunes Library will be synced to your iOS device automatically. All of your songs on the device will be overwritten with the content in your iTunes Library. So what should we do to stop that?
Part2: How to Extract Music from iPhone to Mac via iTunes?
If you feel OK with iTunes, then you can try the steps below:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the software.
- Go to File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from [device].
- Click Remove and Sync on the upcoming pop-up window
- Waiting for all of your purchased media files being extracted from iPhone to your iTunes Library.
- Go to Recently Added to download the music you want.
If you have quite old songs on your iPod, you may need to use some different steps compared to the above to extract music from iPod.
Part 3: How to Extract Music from Old iPod?
Simply do the following to extract songs from your old iPod:
- Connect your device to your PC via an original Apple USB cable.
- Open your iPod drive and go to iPod_Control > Music folder. You will see a full list of all the music files.
- (Optional) Click the Show Hidden Files option in the View section if you can’t see any files in your folder. If you are using macOS, you just need to hold down Cmd + Shift + Period to show your hidden folders.
- Choose the folders in the iPod_Control > Music folder, then copy and paste these files to a new location. Once done, all of your songs will be moved to your PC.
- (Optional) If your files are named in random numbers or letters, you can rename them on your PC for future uses.
Extra Tip: How to Stop iTunes From Automatically Syncing With Devices
- Disconnect all your iOS devices from your PC.
- Open iTunes on your PC. If you are using Windows, go to Edit > Preferences. For Mac users, you need to go to iTunes > Preferences.
- Click Devices > “Prevent iPods, iPhone, and iPads from syncing automatically” option.
- Click the OK button to finish the overall process.
- (Optional) For macOS Catalina users, you need to go to Finder > “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected”.
After you have done the above, you can go on to the following section:
It's Your Turn
As shown in this guide, iTunes has its considerable weaknesses in transferring files between devices. However, it is quite easy to get songs out from your iPhone to your PC if you use some great alternatives like Tenorshare iCareFone. Could you name other software to extract music from iPhone? Just comment in the discussion forum below.
FAQs on Extracting Music from iPhone to PC
Where can I find my iTunes songs?
It's very easy to search for your own music files, simply go to User > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media where you can find all of your media files in your iTunes.
How to download my iTunes library?
Go to View option on the menu bar, then choose All Music from the dropdown menu. Now you can select songs from the library panel on the screen to download them.
Why some of my songs disappeared in iTunes?
You should upgrade to the latest version of iTunes, and turn on Sync Library for your devices. Also check your internet connection to make sure that you don't have weak Wi-Fi signal.