How Much Data Does A FaceTime Call Use When Not On Wi-Fi
FaceTime is a voice and video calling app that comes preloaded on all the iOS devices. The app is exclusive to iOS devices and it does not work on other devices.
Once you have setup your iPhone or iPad for the first time, you can launch the FaceTime app to make either voice or video calls to your friends or family who also use FaceTime. The app uses Internet data for calls so if you are on mobile data then your mobile data pack will be used. If you are on a WiFi network, then it will use the WiFi network’s data to make and receive calls.
While most WiFi networks have no data restrictions, you can make as many calls as you want with the FaceTime app. However, if you are on mobile data and have a certain amount of data available to you, then you need to use the app carefully or you will end-up using all of your mobile data.
In the latter case, you will want to know how much data a FaceTime call uses. That way, you can figure out how many calls you can make, and so on. Fortunately, there is an option on your iOS device that lets you see how much data does a FaceTime call use when not on Wi-Fi.
How to Check the Cellular Data Usage for FaceTime Calls on iPhone/iPad
Here’s how you can check cellular data usage for FaceTime Calls on iPhone 7s/7/6s/6/5s/5 and iPad:
1. Tap on the FaceTime app icon on your springboard to launch the FaceTime app.
2. When the app launches, you will be able to see all of the calls you have made so far with the app. Click on the little “i” icon next to the call you want to find the data usage for.
3. On the following screen, you will be able to see how much data was consumed when you made that call. It shows the duration of the call and the amount of data that was used for it.
So, there you have the information about the data that was used by your FaceTime calls. If you found that FaceTime used very less amount of data, then you will want to make your future calls with the app as it is cheaper than your calling plan.
Extra Tip: How to Recover Lost FaceTime Calls on iPhone/iPad?
Deleted recent FaceTime call history by mistake but have no backup? FaceTime call logs disappeared after updating to iOS 11? The easiest way to recover lost FaceTime call history is using Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery, a professional iOS data recovery tool to recover deleted/lost FaceTime calls on iPhone without backup, or selectively extract data from iTunes/iCloud backup file without erasing current data in your iPhone.
1. Run Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery on your PC/Mac and connect your device via the USB cable. You will be navigated to an interface to choose a file type you need recovering and then start scanning.
2. After scanning done, you can view history of Facetime calls listed chronologically. Check the calls you want to get back and then click Recover to get them backup.
That’s all for how to check cellular data usage for FaceTime call when not on Wi-Fi and how to recover deleted FaceTime calls iPhone/iPad. If you have any other issues, please leave a message at the comment place.