Top 4 Ways to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
Can I retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone? This is one of the most common questions asked by a lot of iPhone users around the internet. But if you are reading this article, you already have the idea that it's really possible to get them back. This article will show you how to retrieve deleted texts on iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6S/6/SE/5s/5 in 4 easiest ways. Trust me, it's not really hard or nothing too techy, it's just simple and to the point guideline that you will need for this task.
- Way 1: Ask Your Friend to Send Your Deleted iPhone Messages
- Way 2: Retrieve Deleted Texts on iPhone with Tenorshare UltData
- Way 3: Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup
- Way 4: Retrieve Deleted Messages from iPhone Using iTunes Backup
Way 1: Ask Your Friend to Send Your Deleted iPhone Messages
"Hey, is it possible for you to re-send this?"
If you have accidentally deleted an old message, you could politely ask your friend to resend back the text message with the above line. An old message could sometimes stir up some memories and bring back an old friend. Your friend will probably just re-send the old message if they have it with them. Also if they remember what they sent you before, they may resend it again. However, if they don't, the good news is, there are three other ways you could retrieve the message.
Way 2: Retrieve Deleted Texts on iPhone with Tenorshare UltData
A lot of iOS device users have asked the same question "is there a way to retrieve deleted text messages?" Yes, it's really possible. With the help of , you can easily retrieve all the deleted texts on your iPhone. It's one of the best iOS data recovery software on the internet. It can recover photos, SMS, notes, call history, WhatsApp/Tango messages, all kinds of App data (WhatsApp, Instagram, Flickr, iPhoto, iMovie, Kindle) and other files from iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4S. It doesn't matter if you have lost your important text messages or accidentally deleted them by yourself, Tenorshare UltData can recover it in no time. Here is how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone with Tenorshare UltData:
1.You need to make sure that your iPhone is switched on and connect it to your computer with a good quality USB cable.
2. Now, launch UltData on your pc. This software will detect your iOS device automatically if it is connected and trusted.
3. After your device gets detected by UltData, you will see an interface like below image. You need to choose "Messages & Attachments" options if you want to recover deleted text messages or you can choose any file type you want to recover. Then click on the "Start Scan" button.
4. Now you will see all the scanned files in front of you. You can choose "Show All" or "Only display the deleted items" to recover. Then you can selectively retrieve whatever file you want to recover from here. Choose the files and click on the "Recover" button.
Way 3: Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone to your iCloud account, you can definitely retrieve your deleted text messages from iCloud backup. Actually, iCloud backup is a great traditional way to recover deleted text messages from an iPhone. But you will lose any data you added since the last backup. So if you want better results, you need to go with Tenorshare UltData. Here is how to retrieve deleted messages on iPhone from iCloud backup –
1. First you need to go to the "Settings" option of your iPhone. Now go to "iCloud" option and then scroll down to choose "iCloud Backup" option.
2. Now you need to check if you have backed up your data before you deleted your text messages.
3. If the time is before the text deletion then it's your good luck. Now you need to erase everything in your iPhone and restore it from the last backup. Go to the "Settings" option and choose "General".
4. You need to go to "Reset" option and then choose "Erase All Content and Settings".
5. Now a pop up window will open and you must choose "Erase Now".
6. Now your iPhone will be erased. Follow the instructions on screen and when you come to the "Apps and Data" page, you need to select "Restore from iCloud Backup".
7. Provide your sign-in info and log into your iCloud account.
8. Now click on "Choose Backup" option and choose the most recent backup to restore your iPhone.
Way 4: Retrieve Deleted Messages from iPhone Using iTunes Backup
If you don't know how to retrieve deleted texts on iPhone by using iTunes, this part is for you. But in this way you cannot only restore messages but need to restore the whole backup to your iPhone. Here is how to do it –
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC and if iTunes doesn't open automatically, launch it by clicking on its icon.
2. Now go to the "Summary" option. Now click on the "Restore Backup" button.
3. After some time, your backup will be restored.
There are a lot of ways that you can use to recover deleted text messages on iPhone but in this article you are going to learn the top 4 ways. Among these methods, the way of Tenorshare UltData is the best because it can give you error free, data loss free execution in this whole process. You can even choose which data you want to retrieve from your iPhone. It's a great software and everyone should use it without having any second thoughts.