How to Manage Do Not Disturb on iPhone
Embarrassed by your iPhone suddenly lighting up during crucial time period, such as a business meeting? There are some times we want to keep our iPhone silent. No worries. This is what Do Not Disturb, a helpful iPhone setting, can do. Spend a few minutes to read this post to know more about the Do Not Disturb on your iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S, 5, 4S etc. and free you from those boring calls and unwanted disruptions.
- Tip 1: What is Do Not Disturb Feature on iPhone
- Tip 2: Difference Between Do Not Disturb Mode & Airplane Mode
- Tip 3: How to Turn On/Off Do Not Disturb
- Tip 4: How to Change Do Not Disturb Settings
Do Not Disturb (DND), a feature that is enabled in iOS 6 and higher, including the latest iOS 8, iOS 9, stops notifications, alerts, and calls from making any noise, vibration or lighting up the iPhone screen when the iPhone is locked. Do Not Disturb allows you to set periods of time in which you won't be notified of phone calls, text messages and app alerts – except those coming from people you choose.
Do Not Disturb mode collects texts, alerts, emails and phone calls on your behalf until it is turned off. DND mode gives you the option to allow emergency calls through, so you have peace of mind that if something important happens, your people can get a hold of you.
Airplane mode disables the cellular data service on your phone, so no calls will come through. Airplane mode also allows you to turn on wi-fi, so any app that works over wi-fi is active, including alerts, texts (iMessage) and emails.
There are mainly 2 ways to turn Do Not Disturb feature on or off:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center. Tap the crescent moon. Note that the crescent moon icon will appear when Do Not Disturb is on.
- Tap Settings > Do Not Disturb. Choose Manual to turn on Do Not Disturb.
Note: You can also schedule Do Not Disturb here. Turn the Scheduled on and then it will allow you to set a block of time (10PM to 7AM) that Do Not Disturb will be enabled.
These settings can determine when you want to be disturbed:
- Tap Allow Calls From to choose you want to receive calls from Everyone, No One, Favourites, All Contacts, or a specific group.
- Turn Repeated Calls on if you want a second call within 3 minutes to be let through.
- Choose to Silence calls Always or Only while iPhone is locked.
That's all for Do Not Disturb feature on iPhone. With a better understanding of it, you will never be disturbed by phone calls, text messages and app alerts when you don't want to. Go to iPhone Problems and Fixes for more trouble-shooting tips for all kinds of all kinds of iPhone and iOS system issues.
In all fairness, the best thing of iPhone data recovery lies in that it suits for anyone who doesn't want to waste time reading the instructions or try several times before he figures out how it works.
Note the newly-developed technological innovation in iPhone data recovery - you can preview the deleted camera roll in time order and double click a picture to see the large version. Please check How to Recover Lost iPhone Photos for more information.