How to Reset iPad
There are circumstances when we need to reset iPad and need to use it from the scratch. If you are one of those who are stuck in the same situation and have no clue how to do it, you have landed to the accurate place. In this article, we will let you learn how to factory reset iPad in easy ways. So, without any further delay, let us begin the methods one by one and get to know how you can perform this in your iPad.
How to Soft Reset iPad
In order to soft reset iPad you need to follow the below mentioned steps carefully. This would not make any changes to the data stored on your iPad. Here's what you need to do.
Hold down the 'Home' button along with the 'Power' button for nearly 10 seconds. Then you are required to release the buttons the moment you catch the sight of the Apple logo on your screen.
How to Hard Reset iPad
Moving on the performing a Hard Reset on iPad is quite different from performing soft reset. This is because while performing soft reset none of your data is lost but that is not the case when it comes to hard reset iPad. This method will wipe off everything that you have on your iPad and restore it back to the state when first unboxed it.
- Go to 'Settings' and tap on 'Genera' option.
- In the General menu, tap on the 'Reset' option and choose 'Erase All Contents and Settings'
- Now, enter the password if asked and confirm the actions.
This was how to factory reset iPad using hard reset method. Let's now hop on to the next method to factory reset your iDevice suing the iTunes application.
How to Factory Reset iPad
Here in this section, we are going to make you familiar about the step by step process on how to factory reset iPad. Ensure that you have all your data backed up already as performing iPad restore will erase everything on your iPad. Here's the detailed procedure.
- Open iTunes and then connect your iPad with the computer via a lightening cable.
- Now, click on the device icon you found on the top left of the screen.
- Hit on 'Summary' tab now from the left panel and later, click on 'Restore iPad'. Lastly, hit on 'Restore'.
How to Reset iPad without iTunes
If you want to reset iPad without taking help of iTunes, Tenorshare ReiBoot can fulfill this purpose of yours then. This tool is made with the aim to repair any kind of iOS issues people get stuck with. For instance, black screen or white screen of death, iPhone stuck on frozen screen and many more. There is full support to all sorts of iOS devices when you use this software. Within just 3 steps, you will be able to attain the task of resetting iPad and erase everything from your device. Also, you can use this program no matter you use Mac or Windows computer. Let us now grasp how to reset iPad using this Tenorshare ReiBoot.
- Step 1 – Start with downloading the program from the official website and install it afterwards. Launch it to begin followed by connecting your iPad with the PC. Hit on 'Fix All iOS Stuck' tab from the main screen.
- Step 2 – From the next screen, you need to select 'Fix Now (All iOS 11 Stuck)'. After this, you will get the firmware download screen. Here, you are required to hit on 'Download' button so that the suitable firmware package gets download for your device.
- Step 3 – When the firmware is downloaded, you need to click on 'Start Repair' button. Make sure to keep the device connected until the process gets over. Your device will be restored now.
Let's end the discussion here. We have shared different ways to restore your iPad into factory settings and remove the data from it. If you want the secured way, we would recommend you Tenorshare ReiBoot which gives high quality results and known for its reliability. We hope now you have completely learnt how to reset iPad using different ways and have started doing it too. If you like reading this post, please let us know in the comments section below. Thanks!