How to Recover Lost/Deleted Contacts from iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6 on Mac
"WTF! My iPhone 6 was stolen! I just bought it a week ago! Whatever, I need the contacts back right away to make a phone call to a VIP! Fortunately, I‘ve backed my iPhone 6 up on Mac, but is it possible to recover contacts without iPhone 6 at hand?"
The answer is: Yes! You can recover iPhone 6 contacts from backup! However, since the backup is sqlitedb file, you can't view the detailed contents in it unless with the help of a third-party tool. And you can have my recommendation here: iPhone 6 Data Recovery for Mac, which enables you to preview the contacts in the backup and to selectively recover what you need within minutes!
Furthermore, it provides you with 3 modes to retrieve lost iPhone 6 contacts and each mode is as simple as three steps only: Scan → Preview → Recover. Then just follow the instructions below to experience the convenience it brings to you.
But First of all, download iPhone Data Recovery for Mac to your Mac and launch it after installation.
Mode 1: How to recover iPhone iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6 contacts from iTunes backup
This mode is highly recommended here since iTunes backup is frequently-used.
- Step 1: Click iTunes tab on the top of the primary interface and choose a desired backup from all backups detected from your Mac. Then click "Start Scan".
- Step 2: After scanning, you can preview all the info. contained in the backup. Click "Contacts" on the left and check certain contacts that you want to recover or click "Check All" in the bottom.
- Step 3: Click "Recover" and specify a path to save the recovered iPhone 6 contacts on Mac.
Mode 2: How to recover iPhone iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6 contacts from iCloud backup
You can take advantage of iCloud backup as well.
- Step 1: Switch iTunes tab to iCloud and login into iCloud account.
- Step 2: Select the backup you need and click "Next" to download it to Mac. After downloading, the program will scan it automatically.
- Step 3: Choose your desired contacts and click "Recover" (the detailed operations are same as Step 2 & Step 3 mentioned in Mode 1).
Mode 3: How to recover iPhone iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6 contacts without backup (Optional)
If you haven't backed up your iPhone, you can refer to Mode 3, but only on the condition that your iPhone isn't stolen and can be well-connected to your Mac.
All you need is to connect your iPhone with Mac and click "Start Scan". Then just choose a folder on your Mac to save those contacts you want to recover after previewing.
In addition to that, iPhone 6 Data Recovery also supports recovering other 15 iPhone files like notes, photos, reminder, etc. and works well with Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5. And there's an equivalent version for Windows users: iPhone 6 Data Recovery, which is fully compatible with Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and functions almost the same as iPhone 6 Data Recovery for Mac.
- 1. Back up with iTunes regularly.
- 2. Turn on iCloud sync.
- 3. Sync iPhone Contacts with Google.