2 Effective Ways to Save, Export and Download iPhone Contacts to Mac
No matter jailbreak, factory reset, iOS upgrade, misoperation, virus attack or iPhone gets broken, it can be all too easy for you to lose or lose access to iPhone contacts. Hence, there's every need for you to save iPhone contacts to Mac either before or after losing iPhone contacts.
Way 1: How to save iPhone contacts to Mac before losing iPhone contacts
Honestly speaking, it is the easiest way for you to transfer iPhone contacts to Mac beforehand. All you need is to sync contacts to iCloud and then log in iCloud on Mac with same ID and the details are as below.
Navigate to iCloud >> Contacts >> Storage & Backup and tap on Back Up Now button on your iPhone and then repeat this on your Mac.
Congratulations! You successfully export iPhone contacts to Mac. But note that this way only works on the condition that you haven't lost any contacts and there's no physical damage to your iPhone. Therefore, if you've lost iPhone contacts or your iPhone got a black or damaged screen, you'd better refer to Way 2.
Way 2: How to export and download lost/inaccessible iPhone contacts to Mac
As is known to all, you can't access to your iPhone lost contacts unless with a third-party tool. And Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery for Mac is highly recommended here, which empowers you to recover lost iPhone contacts and save them as .vCard, .txt, .html and .xls files to Mac in 3 different modes.
- ① Recover lost iPhone contacts to Mac
- ② Save inaccessible iPhone contacts to Mac through iTunes backup
- ③ Download iPhone contacts to Mac via iCloud backup
Before following the detailed tutorial below, download the tool to Mac and launch it first.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to Mac and iPhone Data Recovery for Mac will choose "Recover Data from iOS Devices" by default, then click "Start Scan" button on the primary interface.
- Step 2: After a while, you'll get an interface as the picture shows. Then check the boxes before those contacts you want save to Mac.
- Step 3: Click "Recover" on the bottom right and specify a path to save lost iPhone contacts as well as those still existing ones on Mac in the pop up window. Then click "Choose" to proceed.
- Step 1: Choose "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File". Then select a backup you need and click "Start Scan" to continue.
- Step 2: Preview those scanned contacts in the primary interface and select those you want to save to Mac.
- Step 3: Click "Recover" and locate a folder on Mac to save those inaccessible contacts from iPhone to Mac.
- Step 1: Choose "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File" and login to iCloud Account.
- Step 2: Select a suitable iCloud backup on Mac and you'll get a prompt as the picture below. Check the box before "Contacts" and click "Next" to proceed.
- Step 3: Select your desired contacts and click "Recover" to save iPhone contacts to Mac.
With both ways mentioned above, you can easily save iPhone contacts to Mac without worrying about they'll missing or become inaccessible. FYI, Sync iPhone Contacts with Google is also a good choice to avoid losing iPhone contacts.