How to Recover iPhone Contacts after iOS 10/9 Upgrade on Mac
The long-waited iOS 10 was finally unveiled to the world. And many of you may be just eager to upgrade this new iOS 10/9 on your iPhone. But many users have reported the problem of iPhone contacts loss after upgrading to the latest iOS 10.
"I got my iPhone 6 upgraded to iOS 10. I didn't realize that it may erase all iPhone data after iOS update, I never back iPhone to iTunes or computer... having failed to remember it after a few attempts I simply left iTunes to get some troubleshooting advice. When I got back it seems that the password prompt had disappeared and my iPhone seems to be back to its original settings. After update iPhone to iOS 10, it cause all contacts loss, I can't found any contents any more. How can I restore the contacts on the iPhone after iOS 10 update?"
To recover iPhone contacts after iOS 10/9.3/9.1/9 upgrade on Mac, you have iPhone Data Recovery for Mac, a professional data recovery tool for iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S after iOS update. You can get back all your pictures, contacts, SMS, videos once located on your iPhone.
To get started, download and install it on your Mac (OS X 10.11, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion etc.) Read the following 3 parts to restore lost contacts on iPhone after upgrading to iOS 9.
- Part 1: Recover iPhone Contacts after iOS 10/9 Upgrade on Mac without Backup
- Part 2: Retrieve iPhone Contacts after Upgrading to iOS on Mac with iTunes Backup
- Part 3: Restore iPhone Contacts after iOS Update on Mac with iCloud Backup
Have no backup? You can run iPhone and select "Recover Data from iOS Device".
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone with computer via a USB cable. Click on "Start Scan" to scan all contacts on your iPhone.
- Step 2: When all contents are presented after scanning, you can select "Contacts" on the left list of the window. Select lost contacts that you need and then click on "Recover" to get them back.
If you ever have iTunes backup, "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" can help you.
- Step 1: Click on "Recover Data from iTunes Backup File" and select your iPhone backup files and click on "Start Scan".
- Step 2: Select "Contacts" to preview. Then click on "Recover" button to start contacts recovery.
iCloud backup also enables you to restore missing contacts from iPhone. You just need to sign into your iCloud account, download the iCloud backup file and recover contacts from it.
As you see, three ways are enabled to help you restore iPhone contacts on Mac after iOS 10/9 update in minutes. But if you don't want to spare your time to recover data, an important step to take before iOS system upgrade would be getting into the habit of backing up iPhone data.