How to Force Restart or Hard Reset an iPhone
What is Force Restart or Hard Reset on iPhone
A force restart or hard reset is at the hardware level, not software level. This feature is helpful when your iOS device is messed up such as screen frozen, wont' turn on or stuck in recovery mode, black screen, apple logo. Force restarting an iPhone/iPad is like shutting off a desktop computer by pulling the plug out of the wall. What is more, a force restart won't wipe out the content on your device. Read on and get to know how to force restart iPhone X/XS/XR/8/7/6s/6/5s/5.
1-Click to Force Restart iPhone/iPad using Free ReiBoot
Tenorshare ReiBoot, known as the best free iPhone reboot tool, can force restart iPhone/iPad by one click. No need to press the Home or Sleep/Wake button. It allows you to reboot iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode/iTunes logo, with Apple logo, in a loop of rebooting, etc. Moreover, it's compatible with all iPhone models including XS/XR/X/8/7/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4s/4, iPad and iPod touch.
Download Tenorshare ReiBoot or Tenorshare ReiBoot for Mac (for users running macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, OS X 10.11. 10.10, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and lower) from Tenorshare's official website and you can then force iPhone to restart in less than one minute.
- 1) Connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable. Then run Tenorshare ReiBoot. As the interface of the program shows up, click on "Enter Recovery Mode".
- 2) Tenorshare ReiBoot will remind you that your iOS device is now in recovery mode, and you need to go on clicking on "Exit Recovery Mode".
After forcing iPhone to "Enter Recovery Mode" and "Exit Recovery Mode" with Tenorshare ReiBoot, iPhone will reboot or restart itself.
Tenorshare ReiBoot not only force reboot iPhone, but also fix iPhone, iPad and iPod that stuck in recovery mode. Whether you or your friends have such problems, you can all feel free to use this free utility to get your iDevice back to normal.
Force Restart iPhone using Buttons
You can also force restart an iPhone by buttons. The operations are slightly different for different models. If you are interested in this way, just read on.
- On an iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up and Volume Down button. And then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Power/Sleep buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
As you see, this method is a bit compliciated and you may fail even after several attempts. I will recommend you using free ReiBoot to do the job and fix your iPhone problem.