How to Fix iOS Device Keeps Freezing during/after iOS 9.2/9.1/9 Upgrade
Many iOS users have complained that "My iPhone 6s freezes on the startup of iOS 9.3 upgrade, even the home and lock buttons stop working. How to fix iOS 10/9.3/9 freeze?"
We have already heard a lot of users complained the problems that iOS 9 lock up on “slide to upgrade” screen, iPad 3 keeps freezing during iOS 9 Upgrade, etc. Though iOS 9 can fix many bugs and glitches, some users encountered the issue iOS keep freezing all the time since the upgrade. To help get rid of this issue, this post shows some workable methods to fix a frozen iPhone SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6+/5s/5/4S during or after iOS 10/9.3/9.2/9.1/9.0 update.
- 1. Hard Reboot Your Frozen iPhone
- 2. Fix Ffrozen iPhone by Pluging into a Wall Outlet
- 3. Reset your iPhone to Factory Settings
- 4. Fix Frozen iPhone with Free Tenorshare ReiBoot (No Data Loss)
- 5. Restore your iPhone in iTunes
- 6. Repair iOS Operating System with iPhone Care Pro
To do a hard reboot, simply hold down the Home button and Power button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Keep holding those two buttons down for at least 30 seconds. If nothing happens, move on to the next step.
Sometimes plugging into a wall outlet like you were going to charge your iPhone or iPad can trigger it to boot up. Try plugging your device in and leaving it that way. If, after about 15 minutes, your iPhone or iPad is still not responding, move on to the next step.
If your iPhone, iPad, iPod freezes after an iOS update, and the previous solutions didn't help, you should reset all settings.
Navigate to Settings>> Tap on General >> Tap on Reset >> Choose Reset all Settings.
Tenorshare ReiBoot for Mac is an effective freeware with 1 click to help you get iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch out of freezing. It can reboot your iOS device when it won't boot properly, even when your device's Home button is broken, iPhone crahes, gets stuck in Apple logo or iTunes logo/USB cable, reboot loop, etc. This software is completely compatible with macOS High Sierra and macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Marvericks, 10.8, 10.7, etc.
To fix iPhone 6 constantly freezing after iOS 10/9 on Mac, just run this tool on your Mac and connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod to the Mac. Then Reiboot will automatically detect the condition of your iDevice. Click on "Enter Recovery Mode", then click on "Exit Recovery Mode" to restart your device. It will come back to normal and be out of frozen condition.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone (make sure that it is in the Recovery mode) to PC and select your iPhone when it appears on iTunes. Click "Restore iPhone".
- Step 2: Click "Restore" in the pop up window to confirm that you want to restore your iPhone to factory settings.
- Step 3: Then iTunes would display the latest update information for you, just follow the wizard and iTunes will automatically download the latest firmware used to update iPhone to iOS 9.
- Step 4: When it's finished, you'll see the Hello screen as below. And then you can either "Set up as New iPhone" or "Restore from iCloud/iTunes Backup".
Still can't fix your frozen iPhone? The last straw you can rely on is to repair the iOS operating system to get your frozen iPhone back to normal. Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro and Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro (Mac) can easily to download firmware to fix iOS crash, upgrade failure and any iOS stuck issues.
To prevent your iPhone, iPad, iPod from iOS 9 update freezing or hanging, you'd better to update your iOS software with iTunes. Hopefully the solutions above will help you out of iOS freezing trouble.