How to Recover Lost Messages on iPhone X with/without Backup
How can I recover messages on iPhone X is a frequently asked question by thousands of users. When accidentally deleting important text messages on an iPhone, many people will feel panic. Actually, it won’t be a big deal after you learn 3 ways here to retrieve text messages from iPhone X/10, including SMS and iMessages.
- Way 1: Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone X without Backup
- Way 2: Get Back Lost Messages on iPhone X with iTunes Backup
- Way 3: Restore Text Messages on iPhone X from iCloud Backup
It’s always recommended that you make an up-to-date backup for your iOS 11 iPhone X so that you can restore from iTunes or iCloud when lose data like text messages. However, what if you didn’t prepare the backup files? What if the iPhone backup is taken from a previous iOS version? If so, it’s less likely to retrieve deleted messages and iMessages from iTunes.
Therefore I would recommend you a powerful iOS data recovery tool Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery, which can directly read your iPhone X thereby extract the files, whether it’s deleted or not. In the next part, I will show you how to recover SMS on iPhone X without backup.
- 1. Get Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery installed on your computer and connect your iPhone X with it. When it’s detected, select Messages & Attachments from the list.
- 2. Click Start Scan to run scanning process. After a while all lost text messages will be displayed.
- 3. Find target SMS/MMS you want to restore back to your iPhone X and click Recover button below. Then choose Recover to Device from pop-up window.
After that, you will successfully regain lost messages on iPhone X. It’s worth mentioning that they will appear as unread SMS/MMS.
Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery also enables deleted text messages recovery from iTunes backup. If you are not willing to use iTunes because of the misleading operations, or the possibility that other existing data may be affected, you are good to try Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery as well.
- 1. Start with connect your iPhone X with iPhone Data Recovery and select Recover from iTunes Backup Files from the top menu.
- 2. Select recently backup files and click Start Scan to begin extracting data. Enter the password for encrypted backup if asked. When the deleted iPhone X messages or iMessages are found, click Recover button to restore to device.
Last but not least, iCloud backup can also be used to restore deleted messages on an iPhone X as long as you have enabled iCloud to back up text messages and iMessages To recover SMS on iPhone X with iCloud, you need to erase your device contents then select to restore from iCloud on Setup screen. Alternatively, you can try Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery.
Switch to Recover from iCloud Backup Files section and login with your Apple ID. Choose the specific iCloud backup that contains your lost text messages or MMS then restore to your iPhone X.
That’s all about how you can undelete messages on iPhone X with Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery. These methods also apply to recover any other data on your iOS device, like photos, videos, music and more. Don’t miss this amazing data recovery software.