How to Use iPadOS 16 Stage Manager for Multitasking (Video)
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2023-01-04 / Update for iPadOS
Apple has released updated iOS 16, and iPadOS 16 versions in conjunction with the 2022 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). iPadOS 16 brings a new multitasking experience, which enables you to collaborate with others and enhance the multitasking capabilities of both platforms.
- Part 1. What Is Apple Stage Manager
- Part 2. How to Use Stage Manager on iPad
- Part 3. Does Stage Manager Work on All iPads
- Part 4. iPad Stage Manager Not Working, How to Fix
Part 1. What Is Apple Stage Manager
Apple revealed Stage Manager during its June 6 keynote at the 2022 Worldwide Developers Conference as a new multitasking function for the iPad. Apple Stage Manager intelligently arranges open programs and windows so you can focus on your current job while keeping an eye on everything else. It enables the functionality to function on any iPad operating iPadOS 16 that is not an M1.
Part 2. How to Use Stage Manager on iPad
iPad Stage Manager can only be used on an iPad with an M series chip attached to a Magic Keyboard or other standard keyboard. Follow the below-mentioned steps to use Stage Manager on iPad.
- Unlock your iPad and access the Control Center.
- To access the Control Center from the Home Screen, click the battery symbol in the screen's upper right-hand corner.
- To access the new icon added to the bottom of the Control Center, click here.
- This symbol for Apple's Stage Manager can be seen in many of the company's help manuals. It appears like a rectangle, with three smaller squares positioned on the right side.
- Exit Control Center.
Here is a great video that will walk you through the entire process!
When using Stage Manager on an iPad, you cannot conceal recently used applications, unlike macOS. However, the UI will resemble that of macOS.
Part 3. Does Stage Manager Work on All iPads
NO.iPad Stage Manager enables you to expand the desktop by connecting an iPad to an additional monitor. It's a feature that ought to boost your output. Stage Manager helps the iPad seem more like a laptop replacement, but since Apple showed it off at last week's WWDC 2022 event, the function has drawn criticism. The main issue is that Stage Manager only works with iPads equipped with an M1 processor, the most recent iPad Pro and iPad Air.
The following are the devices that are compatible with Stage Manager at the moment:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later)
- iPad Air (5th generation)
Part 4. iPad Stage Manager Not Working, How to Fix
Stage Manager has to live up to Apple's demands for "interactive responsiveness," which calls for any program you touch to react immediately. But Sometimes the iPad stage maneger may fail to be available, it becomes unresponsive no matter how many times you click. What cause iPad Stage Manager not working? There are usually two reasons for this: hardware problem or software glitch. To solve the software glitch is pretty simple, an iOS repair tool can help you.
The ideal option is Tenorshare ReiBoot. It is an expert iOS system recovery solution with 2 repair modes- Standard Repair and Deep Repair—that aid in repairing the iPhone system in a matter of minutes and resolve almost all iOS stuck difficulties. Most iOS system problems may be resolved using Standard Repair without data loss.
- Launch ReiBoot on your PC and attach your iPhone. Click the "Start" button to launch the iOS System Recovery program when the device has been detected.
- To prevent the repairing procedure from failing, choose "Standard Repair" in the interface below and read the notice below. Click "Standard Repair" when you are prepared.
- Click "Download" to start downloading the most recent firmware package when you're ready. Due to the approximately 5GB firmware packet, it will take some time.
- Click "Start Standard Repair" to begin system recovery when the firmware suite has been downloaded to the computer.
This brings us to the conclusion of this mending tutorial. I'm hopeful that this manual has assisted you in solving the problem. It seldom happens for the Stage Manager to not be using an iPad or Mac computer. But if this is the case, it may be because your iPad is incompatible or because your iPad or Mac PC has to have the function activated again in case of a flaw or a glitch.
- Fix iPhone won't restore in recovery mode;
- Fix my iPhone is stuck on the Apple Logo,iPhone screen went black, iOS downgrade stuck, iPhone update stuck, etc.
- Support all iPhone models and the latest iOS 16 and earlier.