Top 5 Ways to Reset iPad to Factory Settings
Disabled iPad can be a huge pain on your spine. Worse, is when you are in dire need of your iPad. The only way you can resort to is by resetting iPad to the factory settings. So, if you are keen to know how, then we've listed down 5 useful ways on resetting your iPad to factory settings. Read on and use the one you find most useful.
Get Your iPad Ready
Before resetting your iPad to factory settings, you must ensure to consider these points!
The most crucial step is to take a backup of the existing data, settings, applications etc. available on your device. As, factory reset will wipe off everything that is saved on your device. Learn how to efficiently make backup of your device first.
2. Sufficient Charge
The restoring process eats out a good chunk of battery level and drains the battery quite quickly. So, you must ensure that your battery is sufficiently charged before rebooting iPad to factory settings.
3. Make Use of A Genuine Data Cable
While connecting to iTunes, you must ensure to use a genuine data cable. The local ones may result in a complete halt of connection with iPad and may end up your iPad getting into device brick mode.
5 Ways to Rest iPad to Factory Settings for both Unlocked and Locked/Disabled iPad
- Way1: Reset iPad to Factory Settings from Settings Panel
- Way2: Reset iPad to Factory Settings without iTunes and Passcode
- Way3: How to Restore iPad to Factory Settings with iTunes
- Way4: Using Recovery Mode to Reset iPad to Factory Settings
- Way5: Factory Reset iPad with Find My iPhone
Resetting iPad is a handy way of handling your disabled iPad. And, the best part is, there are numerous ways of resetting your iPad to factory settings for your locked/disabled or normal state iPad in 5 ways.
Way1: Reset iPad to Factory Settings from Settings Panel
The standard ways of resetting iPad to factory settings from your iPad by following down the steps below.
- Go to Settings and tap on 'General' option > click on 'Reset' > then click on 'Erase all contents and settings'. Lastly confirm your actions and you're all sorted. This way you can reboot iPad to factory settings.
Way2: Reset iPad to Factory Settings without iTunes and Passcode
One of the effective solutions on how to reset iPad to factory settings without iTunes/ passcode is via Tenorshare 4uKey. The reliably secured software that curtails down security locks in an easy manner. This software stretches compatibility with both the Windows/Mac systems can blend well with the latest iOS models like iPhone X/XS MAX/XR etc. Excited to know how to reset iPad to factory settings with the help of Tenorshare 4uKey? Then, make use of the following in depth guide.
Step 1: Download Tenorshare 4uKey first, and launch the software afterwards.
Step 2: Then you can tap on 'Start' button after your device be detected.
Step 3: Download firmware package by pressing on 'Download'.
Step 4: Finally, to reset your iPad, select the 'Start Unlock' button and wait until the process completed. In a just a matter of a few minutes, your iPad will get factory resetted after the passcode be removed.
Way3: How to Restore iPad to Factory Settings with iTunes
iTunes being the default Apply media service is also useful in restoring iPad to factory settings. Whether it's your locked/disabled or normal iPad, you can reboot your iPad to factory settings. But, there's one condition to make use of this method, your iPad must have been pre-synced with the respective PC already.
1. Launch iTunes and link your iPad, thereafter, to your working PC with the help of an authentic USB cable.
2. Now, choose your iPad from the top left corner and click on 'Summary'. Then, 'Restore iPad' followed by confirming your actions.
Way4: Using Recovery Mode to Reset iPad to Factory Settings
If your iPad is not synced with iTunes, then you can unlock your locked iPad in a Recovery Mode. That can be processed from the following steps.
1. First of all, hold 'Home' and 'Power' button together. Release the keys only when 'Connect to iTunes' screen flashes up. Now, get hold of your system and link it with your iPad.
2. Thereby, iTunes will prompt a message stating "iTunes has detected iPad in a Recovery Mode" from where you have to tap on 'Ok' button.
3. From the following dialogue box, hit the 'Restore iPad' to reset your iPad to factory settings.
Way5: Factory Reset iPad with Find My iPhone
Lastly, if you wish to remotely erase the iPad to factory settings, you can always opt for Find My iPhone feature of iCloud. Provided that Find My iPhone feature was enabled prior to losing access to the respective iPad.
1. Visit the iCloud's official website > Sign in to it > 'Find My iPhone'.
2. Simply, look out for 'All Devices' tab, and then opt for your iPad enlisted in the drop down menu.
3. Now to reset iPad to factory settings, click on 'Erase iPad'> 'Erase' button.
All in all, we have witnessed 5 methods for resetting an iPad to factory settings. Out of the many options available, Tenorshare 4uKey stands as the ultimate choice. Not only does it surpass the screen locks, it works down in a streak of iPhone and iPad models too.