Top Feasible Ways to Get Back Accidently Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iPad Air 2
WhatsApp is one of the must-have apps that we install on our iPad Air 2. We use it to text, chat, and share media (photos, audio, voice SMS) with individual or groups. Have you ever deleted WhatsApp messages inadvertently? Or lost all whatsApp chat history on iPad Air 2 after an iOS update or restore? We list the top feasible ways to recover lost WhatsApp messages on iPad Air 2.
- Part 1: What May Cause the WhatsApp Messages Lost on iPad Air 2?
- Part 2: How to Recover Lost WhatsApp Messages on iPad Air 2
- Part 3: How to Back Up WhatsApp Messages
Here are a number of circumstances that you may inadvertently lose or delete WhatsApp messages and other media data like WhatsApp photos, voice messages:
- Mistakenly deletion: The whole conversation thread might be lost inadvertently.
- iPad/iPhone/iPod got damaged/watered/smashed
- iPad/iPhone/iPod is stuck in recovery mode, apple logo loop
- You did an iOS 10/9.3.2/9.2/9 upgrade on iPad which caused all data including WhatsApp chat history lost
- Other scenarios that you get limited access to your iPad and have no backup
The precondition to use this method is that you have an iCloud backup for your WhatsApp chat history.
- 1. Open WhatsApp in your iPad Air 2 >Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup. You can check the last backup date. If the last backup includes the lost conversations, you can then simply restore the chat history by reinstalling the WhatsApp from the App Store.
- 2. When you reinstall the app, you can follow the on-screen prompts to restore the chat history. Note that the phone number should be the same for backing up and restoring. You cannot restore the WhatsApp messages from another WhatsApp account.
It is a good habit to back up WhatsApp data regularly. You can set automatic and scheduled backup in WhatsApp or create manually backup regularly.
1. Back up Automatically
Open WhatsApp>Settings>Chat Settings>Chat Backup>Auto Backup, and then choose the backup frequency.
2. Manual Backup
I recommend Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery to back up your WhatsApp data including text messages, voice messages, photos and audios and all other data on your iPad Air 2/iPad Pro. This will reclaim iPhone and iCloud capacity, and moreover, you can keep each of the backup on computer, so that you can restore from the specific point when needed.
Check here to see tutorial on back up WhatsApp data to computer.