4 Ways to Import Photos from iPhone to PC without iTunes
“My iTunes has suddenly stopped working. Is there any other way I can transfer photos from my iPhone to Windows PC? If so, please help me out!”
This is a very common issue among iPhone users. Though this is a not very big problem, it is definitely quite a hassle. To make things lighter, yes, there are a lot of other ways by which you can transfer photos from your iPhone straight to your Windows PC or Mac. If your iTunes has stopped working or you simply don’t want to use iTunes anymore, follow this article to know how to upload photos from iPhone to PC.
Part 1: How to Upload Pictures from iPhone to PC with Data Transfer Tool
There are basically a lot of ways, apps, and software to get your iPhone images to a PC, be it a Windows or a Mac. We have tried and tested many in the past and looking at some of them in this article itself. When it comes to the most effective option to go for, we conclude in favor of Tenorshare iCareFone. And there are reasons for this conclusion.
Firstly, being a solid file manager, it can export all images from your iPhone to computer within seconds and that includes images from your camera, Photo Stream, WhatsApp, Photos Library, downloaded images and other sources. And it also gives you the option of choosing your photos selectively as well. And not to forget, it is free and works offline. Here’s how you can get photos off iPhone to Windows using this software:
- First, install and launch the Tenorshare iCareFone on your PC. Supports both Windows and Mac versions.
- Now, plug in your iPhone via the USB cable.
- Let the program detect your iPhone now. After detection, find “File Manager” on the main interface.
- Now, navigate to “Photos” and tap on it.
- This will automatically display all your images on the screen.
- Now, choose the images you want to transfer. You can choose one or multiple photos at once.
- After choosing, click “Export” button to start the transfer.
Your chosen photos will be transferred to your PC in no time now!
Apart from, managing files, this software can also take care of your iOS system. It is capable of fixing iOS stuck issues, backup and restore, ad blocking, speed up and clean etc.
Part 2: Other Possible Ways to Upload Photos from iPhone to Windows PC
Don’t know how do you upload pictures from iPhone to PC? Despite what people may think, uploading photos from iPhone to a Windows PC is a fairly easy job. Keeping side the conventional ways of transfer, there are other ways too by which you can upload photos easily and efficiently. These ways are completely wireless, and it will need a steady internet connection or Wi-Fi for execution.
Way 1: Official backup and sync services
Apple provides official backup and sync services through iCloud and iTunes. These are the most essential apps if you want to use the capabilities of your iPhone to the fullest. If you install iCloud for Windows, you can even stay connected with your Windows PC.
As an iPhone user, you might already know about iCloud app services. This app provides the essential support that you need and 5 GB of free storage space to save some of your data safely. Installing this app will help you to stay connected with all of your Apple devices. The method to install iCloud and get it working is mentioned below…
- If you are an iPhone user then you have already subscribed to iCloud by using your Apple ID and password.
- Find out if you are using the latest version of iOS, if not update it immediately.
- Now, go to “Settings”, and then to “iCloud”.
- Find “Photos” and just enable the “iCloud Photo Library” option.
- Now, come over to your Windows PC, and just download iCloud for Windows from the official website.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully install and run the software on your Windows PC.
- Now, sign in with your Apple ID and password when prompted.
- Find “Photos” inside the interface. You can find it beside “Options”
- Turn on “iCloud Photo Library” and tap on “Done”
This action will automatically sync all your photos from your iPhone to your Windows PC whenever you are connected to Wi-Fi.
You will get the photos inside “iCloud Photos” folder on your Windows PC. When prompted just tap on “Download”. You just have to download to get access to the photos.
Way 2: Social Media or Email sharing
Can't transfer photos from iPhone to PC? There are several efficient ways to transfer data from iPhone X/8/7/6/5 to a PC. There are various apps and the classic methods like using a USB cable and download the data through AutoPlay or simply using iTunes. But there is another way which you may or may not have thought about. It is called email transfer.
First of all, the process is very easy and efficient, also you do not have to use any cable or spend your money on apps. But keep in mind this option is only for a small batch of photos. This is what you need to do to transfer your photos through email…
- 1. Assuming you have an email account. Open up the Photos App from your iPhone and select the photos you want to transfer.
- 2. Now, tap on the share option and select “Mail” from the list.
- 3. In the end, just type your email address and send the mail.
- 4. Now, on your targeted PC, open the email and import photos from iphone to windows 10/8/7.
Way 3: Third Party Cloud Apps
“How do I upload photos from iPhone to PC without using iCloud?” This is a very common question. There are many third party Cloud Apps available in the market if you don’t want to use iCloud. One of them is Google Photos. Yes, don’t get confused, Google Photos is also available on iOS. The famous Android app is compatible with iOS and there is a dedicated app in the Apple Store.
The main advantage of Google Photos is that it allows unlimited storage space for all your photos under 16 megapixels unlike other Cloud apps such as Dropbox. To make your photos sync with your iPhone and Window PC follow the steps below:
- First, download and launch the Google Photos application on your iPhone.
- Upon launch, enable “Backup & sync” option and confirm logged account or add a new Google account.
- This will sync and back up all your images to Google Photos.
Now, go to your Windows PC and open Google Photos and you will see all your photos sorted by date. Now you know how to upload pictures from iPhone to PC.
Overall, these are the most effective ways to import pictures from iPhone to PC in no time. Most of the options are fully dependent on a steady or unlimited internet connection or Wi-Fi but it gets the job done. When it comes to choosing the best out of all these methods, it will definitely be the Tenorshare iCareFone software. As it can work completely offline and can also be a better iTunes alternative, thus it takes the crown!
If you like this article, do share and comment below!!