Top 4 Ways to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Computer (Windows & Mac)
While using an iPhone there comes a point when you need to know the basic steps on how to upload photos from iPhone to computer. It is inevitable and it is one of the most integral ways to create and eventually clear storage from your beloved iPhone. There are a number of ways by which you can upload or download photos from your iPhone to your PC. We are here with a lot of effective methods that will help you to know how to upload photos from iPhone to computer. This will surely help to get your precious photos on your computer for back up and further use. So, let’s get started…
Way 1: Upload Photos from iPhone to Computer via Email
Emailing has been a great way to transfer data from one device to another for quite a long time. We use it every day on our day to day work. You can use Mail option from your iPhone to move some photos to your computer. This is a quick way to get your photos right on your computer, but keep in mind, it only allows you to transfer a small bundle of photos. You can send around 5 photos at a time through Mail if you use iOS 8 or earlier. In case, you use iOS 9 or later versions, you can send unlimited photos but it takes a lot of time to upload. Here’s how to do it:
- First, get hold of your iPhone and run the Photos app.
- Now, select the desired pictures you want to send over.
- After, selection, find the Share icon.
- Now, from the list, choose “Mail”
- This action will open up a new email box. Now, enter your personal email address and just click “Send”.
- Now, come over to your PC and open your email. Download and store the photos in your desired folder.
Way 2: Upload Pictures from iPhone to Computer with Social Media
Apart from the more traditional ways of downloading photos to your computer, there are some new ways as well that you may have no idea about. And that is by simply using Social Media. Yes, you heard it right! You can use your social media to upload and download photos from iPhone to computer. As social media consumers, we all know about WhatsApp, our favorite social messaging app. But what most of us don’t know about is its hidden features. One of them is the ability to send images from iPhone to computer via WhatsApp Web software. Here is a step by step guide so that you can use WhatsApp to send images to your computer.
- First, set up WhatsApp web from your PC by going to https://web.whatsapp.com/
- A QR code will pop up in front of your screen.
- Now open WhatsApp from your iPhone and tap “Settings” and select “WhatsApp Web/Desktop”.
- Now, select “Scan QR Code”. This will open a QR code reader on your iPhone itself.
- After that you will be synced with your iPhone’s WhatsApp now and now you can send desired photos to a conversation. The message history will automatically sync on WhatsApp web or desktop.
- On the web app, you can now click on the images you want to download and choose a path for download. It will get downloaded on to your computer immediately.
This is how to upload pictures from iPhone to computer using WhatsApp. Other social apps like FaceBook can also get the same job done.
Way 3: Send Pictures from iPhone to Computer Wirelessly using iCloud
If you are bothered about using lightning cables from time to time to send your photos, you can opt for a full wireless approach to the whole photo transferring equation. You can take the help of Apple iCloud to sync all your photos wirelessly and then send photos from iPhone to PC or Mac. iCloud comes with 5 GB of data free for use, but in case you need more storage, you will have to for it. You will need to be connected to Wi-Fi and you will have to sign up for iCloud Photo Library and let iCloud do its job. iCloud Photo Library basically automates the whole sharing process between Apple devices, in the presence of Wi-Fi. Here’s how you can sync photos from iPhone to computer:
To make iCloud automatically sync all your photos, first, you need to set up iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone.
- First, navigate to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Now, sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- Now, again in “Settings”, select “Photos & Camera” option or called “Photos” on iOS 11 devices.
- Just enable “iCloud Photo Library” option with the help of the toggle switch present there.
Now, you will have to set up iCloud Photo Library for your Mac.
- On your Mac, navigate to “System Preferences”.
- Now, go to “iCloud”. You will find “Photos” option. Tap on it.
- Now, enable “iCloud Photo Library” on your Mac
Now whenever your iPhone connects to a Wi-Fi network, iCloud Photo Library will sync all your iPhone photos to your computer.
For Windows PC:
If you are using a Windows PC, you can get the help of iCloud Photo Library to get iPhone photos to your own Windows PC. Here’s how:
- First download iCloud for Windows on your Windows 10/8/8.1/7, computer and install the software. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to have a successful installation.
- Now, go to “iCloud”. You will find “Photos” option. Tap on it.
- Find “Options” on the interface and navigate to “Photos”
- Turn on the iCloud Photo Library and click “Done”
Similarly, for setting up your iPhone do the following:
Get hold of your iPhone X/8/7/7Plus/6/6Plus/5/5s/SE, and navigate to “Settings” and check “iCloud Photo Library”.
This will ensure that all your iPhone photos will be uploaded to your Windows PC, when you have your Wi-Fi turned on.
To find and get access to the synced pictures, go to “iCloud Photos” on your Windows Explorer. Find the Downloads folder and just click on “Download”.
Overall, if you have a steady internet or Wi-Fi connection, both these methods are good but if not, it won’t work properly. It might take a lot of time and transfers can be unsuccessful at times.
In case you are wondering “how do I download pictures from my iphone to my computer windows 8/7/10”, now you know what to do!
Way 4: Import Photos from iPhone to Computer with Tenorshare iCareFone
If you want a straightforward option to export photos from iPhone to computer, we would highly recommend you Tenorshare iCareFone. It is by far the most effective way to transfer your photos without compromising in quality. It is a specially designed tool that can transfer any pictures from your camera roll, Photo Stream, WhatsApp images and other sources, within minutes to your desired PC. It supports both Mac and Windows. It works completely offline and it is free to use as well. You can also selectively choose photos with the help of this software. Most importantly, there are no restrictions or limitations for importing and exporting photos, unlike other software. To use Tenorshare iCareFone, follow the steps below:
- Download, install and run Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer.
- Now, plug in your iPhone to the computer which is running the software.
- On the main interface, tap on “File Manager”, and then select "Photos” option
- This will automatically display all your photos right on the computer screen.
- Now, choose the images you want to transfer and just click “Export”
After the transfer ends, all your chosen photos will be moved to your computer.
So, here are the top 4 ways to get photos off iPhone to computer listed with detailed steps and instructions. Be it a Mac or Windows PC, these methods can help you to know how to upload photos from iPhone to laptop anywhere and anytime. Out of all the methods listed here, our pick would be the Tenorshare iCareFone and that is because of its solid features and most importantly the advantages it has over the other methods like, offline working formula, free to use, no restrictions for transfers etc. We highly recommend you to use it!
If you like this article, do share and comment below!