How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop
All generations of iPhones have undoubtedly, during their time, been among the best camera phones on the market. Over time, they have allowed users to take great quality high-resolution photos that enable users to capture memories. These photos take up a lot of memory on the devices; it doesn't help that iPhone don't have an SD card slot and Apple only offers up to 5GB of iCloud storage. Therefore, it's important to know the different ways to transfer pictures from iPhone to laptop. The methods outlined below work for Windows 10/8/7 and macOS High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 and earlier.
- Way 1: How to Import iPhone Photos to Mac/Windows with Tenorshare iCareFone
- Way 2: How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Laptop via USB Cable
- Way 3: How to Upload Photos to iCloud from iPhone
- Way 4: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop using Dropbox
- Way 5: How to Download Pictures from iPhone to Laptop from Google Photos
Way 1: How to Import iPhone Photos to Mac/Windows with Tenorshare iCareFoneTenorshare iCareFone is a great tool that enables users to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows and Mac without so much of a hassle. It allows users to selectively preview photos before transferring them, compress and backup photos without loss in quality, transfer photos in bulk all without iTunes restrictions. To transfer photos using Tenorshare iCareFone, follow the procedure below.
- Step 1: Download install and run Tenorshare iCareFone on your Mac or PC.
- Step 2: Plug in your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Step 3: The File Manager tab should be displayed by default, if not, click it.
- Step 4: Click Photos from the list of file types displayed.
- Step 5: All photos in all folders and albums will be detected by Tenorshare iCareFone. Select the photos you would like to import by browsing through the folders. Click Export and choose a fie location on your Mac or PC to save your photos. Tenorshare iCareFone saves the photos on the Desktop by default.
Way 2: How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Laptop via USB Cable
iPhone users can transfer photos from their devices on both platforms using a USB cable. On Windows photo transfer is made possible by using Windows File Explorer, on the Mac, the Photos app.
To transfer photos on Windows using a USB cable, follow the procedure below. (You'll need to install iTunes 12.5.1 or later.)
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Step 2: Click Open device to view files from the dialog box that lists different options.
- Step 3: Under This PC, click iPhone > DCIM > 100APPLE.
- Step 4: Open it, select the photos you would like to transfer or simply copy paste the whole folder to another file location.
(Alternatively, navigate to your iPhone under This PC/ Computer, right-click it and select import pictures and videos.
To transfer photos using a USB cable to a Mac, follow the procedure below.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone using a USB cable to your Mac. (You may need to unlock your device using your passcode.)
- Step 2: The Photos app will automatically launch, it not, launch it by clicking it.
- Step 3: Click Import at the top of the Photos app tab if the import screen doesn't automatically appear.
- Step 4: Click the photos you would like to import and click Import Selected. You have an option to delete or keep original photos on iPhone.
- Step 1: Turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone by going to Settings > Photos & Camera then toggle on the iCloud Photo Library button. For iOS 11 users, it is called Photos.
- Step 2: Launch iCloud on your Windows or Mac. Sign in to iCloud using the same Apple ID credentials you used to set up iCloud on your iPhone.
- Step 4: Select Options located to the right of Photos and check the iCloud Photo Library checkbox. You can also select My Photo Stream, iCloud Photo Sharing etc. then click Done. All your photos will be synced to your computer.
- Step 1: Download and install Dropbox on your iPhone from the App Store and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Launch Dropbox app and navigate to Settings > Camera Upload then toggle the button on. Connect your iPhone with Wi-Fi to upload all photos to cloud.
- Step 3: Visit dropbox.com and sign in to your account.
- Step 4: Browse to the photo you want to download, click the ellipses icon located on the right of the photo and click download.
- Step 1: Download Google Photos app on the App Store, install and run it on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap the Menu > Settings > Back up & Sync and turn it on.
- Step 3: To download the photos, visit photos.google.com on your browser.
- Step 4: Select the photos you want to download then click download.
Way 3: How to Upload Photos to iCloud from iPhone
Users can upload photos on iCloud from their iPhones, then download them on the Mac or PC. Follow the procedure below.
On Windows, locate the synced photos by opening file explorer and navigating to iCloud Photos under favorites. Alternatively, visit icloud.com,sign in, select Photos, then download them using the Download option.
On Mac, locate all photos in the Photos app.
Way 4: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop using Dropbox
Dropbox is one of the most popular cloud-storage solutions that allows users to store different types of files. It offers a good workaround for transferring photos from iPhone to computer.
Way 5: How to Download Pictures from iPhone to Laptop from Google Photos
Users can upload photos from their iPhone to Google Photos, then download them on their Mac or PC. Follow the procedure below.
Some users have asked, how do This article has detI transfer photos from iPhone to laptop? Ailed the different methods of transferring photos from iPhone to Mac and PC. We recommend using Tenorshare iCareFone because it is user-friendly, allows transfer of photos without iCloud and iTunes, compresses photos without loss in quality, locates photos on all albums and folders, i.e. Camera Roll and Photo Library and is compatible with iPhone X/8/8+/7/7 Plus/6S/6S Plus /6/5/SE, and all versions of iOS 11/10/9/8.