2 Methods to Transfer Music (Playlist included) from iPhone/iPad/iPod to Computer
Wanna transfer songs from iPhone to new computer? Or can’t copy all your music from iPhone and back to a computer? It’s super easy to get music onto your iOS device via iTunes, however Apple doesn’t allow you to transfer music (except purchases) from your iOS device to computer by default. It will take special software. You best bet is Tenorshare iAny Transfer which lets you transfer files including music from your iPhone/iPad/iPod to your computer.
This process will copy all music and playlist from iDevice to a Windows PC and (vice versa when iTunes won’t transfer music to iPhone):
- 1. Turn off automatic syncing in iTunes, do this through iTunes Preferences > Devices > check “Prevent iOS hardware from syncing automatically”, then quit iTunes.
- 2. Download iOS transfer and install it.
- 3. Connect the iPhone, iPad, or iPod to the computer by USB cable. Click "Trust" on your device to let your device trust this computer.
- 4. On the left panel, click "Media" and then "Music". And then select the files you'd like to export to computer. Click "Computer" on the right panel.
- 5. In the pop-up window, select a save path on your computer to save the transferred songs.
Method 2: Re-download or transfer your Music purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer for Free
"Transfer purchases" features in iTunes is a free way that allows you to restore purchased iTunes content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a computer. Before starting, make sure that your computer is authorized with the same Apple ID account you used to make the purchases. However, it does not work for songs ripped from CDs or downloaded from other sources, and you should go back to Method 1 to transfer all music.
- 1. Connect your device to the computer. Wait for its icon to appear in iTunes.
- 2. Go to File >> Devices. If you're using iTunes for Windows and can't see the menu bar, learn how to turn on iTunes menus in Windows.
- 3. Choose Transfer Purchases from [device name].
If there are other excellent iTunes-like tools that you have used to transfer iPhone songs to computer, please feel free to share. Thank you.