How to Move Files from Mac to iPhone (With/Without iTunes)
If you are an iOS user, there will always be one reason for you to transfer files from Mac to iPhone or vice-versa. Evidently, there is more than one reason to transfer files and that can be everything from videos, images to SMS and contacts. Actually, there are a few ways to transfer the files safely from Mac to iPhone and one of them is provided by the company itself, iTunes. Everyone knows about iTunes, it is a significantly important app for iOS users and it has multiple features that provide support for the users. Now, if you want to do it without iTunes, you can do it with alternative options like AirDrop, Dropbox, or other third-party apps. And they are detailed step by step in this guide.
- Way 1: Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
- Way 2: Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone with iTunes Alternative
- Way 3: Send Files from Mac to iPhone with Airdrop
- Way 4: Send Files from Mac to iPhone with Email
- Way 5: Move Files from Mac to iPhone with Dropbox
Way 1: Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
iTunes is one of those apps specifically designed by Apple for file transfer from one device to another. For decades iTunes held its place as one of the best apps in the iOS community. iTunes is able to transfer files from MacBook to iPhone with ease but it comes with its own set of limitations. So, file transfer with iTunes isn’t easy rather it's very complicated. And this is because there are other apps on the market now which makes file transfer seems a lot easier when compared to iTunes. Anyhow, the steps to use iTunes for file transfer are mentioned below:
1. The very first thing you need to do is that connect that iPhone to your Mac. Use the data cable provided by Apple.
2. iTunes will be launched, click on the Device button.
3. Then go to File Sharing.
4. Now, select the file you want to transfer and click on “Save to” option on the right side of the panel.
5. Finally, select where you want to save the file and then click “Save To” again.
After you perform these steps as described above, the files will be transferred to the other device easily. In this case, it's your iPhone. So, if you are stuck with how to transfer files from Mac to iPhone, now you know how to use iTunes and do the job. Just follow the steps carefully!
Way 2: Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone with iTunes Alternative
There are various alternatives available to iTunes but the best one is still Tenorshare iCareFone. It is a third-party software developed by an independent company that helps iOS users to transfer data from one device to another very easily.
It is specially designed to manage and transfer files on and from your iOS devices. It is a great choice if you want to send files from Mac to iPhone as it is very easy to use. It can transfer files at a great speed, and most importantly there is no chance of data loss either. The feature list is huge and it comes with other functions as well with the help of which you can improve the overall experience of your iOS device. If you want to copy files from Mac to iPhone, this is how to use Tenorshare iCareFone. The steps are very easy, and are detailed below:
1. Just download and install iCareFone on your Mac.
2. Run the software and connect your iPhone via a data cable.
3. Go to Manage on the top menu. If you just want to transfer photos, you can click the shortcut of One-click Export Photos to PC.
4. After entering Manage interface, select a data type from the list of categories you want to add to your Mac.
5. Then click on the Import option on the top of the window to finally transfer the files.
You can clearly see that using Tenorshare iCareFone is very easy. It is basically a straightforward step by step procedure and the app actually thrives upon its simplicity and efficiency. Don’t miss it!
Way 3: Send Files from Mac to iPhone with Airdrop
Another feasible way to transfer files from Mac to iPhone is to use AirDrop. AirDrop is a wireless data transfer app that uses Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth connection to transfer files from one device to another. Although the app is very convenient for the users, if you do not have a strong Wi-Fi connection, AirDrop will fail to transfer any files. So, before proceeding, make sure you check it. So, if you are still not sure how to send files from Mac to iPhone, we suggest the services of AirDrop and this is how to do it:
1. Turn on the Wi-Fi of both your Mac and iPhone.
2. Activate the Bluetooth on both of the devices.
3. Now, on your Mac, go to Finder and launch AirDrop.
4. Activate the option “Allow me to be discovered by” and choose between the option “Everyone”.
5. On your iPhone, launch Control Center and activate “Everyone”
6. Now get back to your Mac, and just drag and drop the files you wish to transfer on your iPhone icon visible on the AirDrop window.
7. On your iPhone, tap Accept to receive the sent files.
It will be very easy for you to use AirDrop as your default file transfer app, mainly because it comes preinstalled with the MacOS. So, it is readily available and the wireless option provides flexibility.
Way 4: Send Files from Mac to iPhone with Email
We are so interested to use the new apps on the market that we always tend to forget the oldest one and by far the most convenient mode of file transfer, and that is Email. Since Email was introduced, it was used to send formal messages but along came the attachment feature where you can basically attach any MS document, pictures or small videos and send it to another person along with the message. So, if you want to send file from Mac to iPhone with Email, just read the instructions below:
1. Go and create an Email account or you can use the existing one.
2. Open your Mail, and create a new message. Tap the attachment option and just upload the required files.
3. Now, that the file has been attached to the email, you just have to type your email address and press Send.
4. Open your target iPhone and just download the attachment from the Email and that's it!
Email is one of the oldest data import options. Unfortunately, Email is not suitable to transfer large files. People mainly send MS documents or a limited amount of pictures, small videos etc through email.
Way 5: Move Files from Mac to iPhone with Dropbox
Another mode of file transfer is Dropbox. Dropbox is actually a cloud service designed to extend your storage capacity. Dropbox provides free membership and a premium membership. You can use either one as per your need. It gives you 2 GB of free storage initially which you can extend while paying some fees. Along with storage options, it also features a very flexible sync function across all platforms like Android, iOS, Mac, Windows etc. This way you can sync any data on Dropbox across these platforms while you are connected to the same account. If you are looking for a way to move files from Mac to iPhone then you can surely use Dropbox. The steps are mentioned below:
1. Download the Dropbox app on your Mac and log-in to your account.
2. If you are using your browser, find the Upload option the Dropbox window and transfer the files of your choice to the cloud. Or else, it is best to just drop the required files in the Dropbox folder. This is a dedicated folder which gets activated while you install Dropbox on your Mac. This folder actually syncs all its data to the Dropbox account.
3. Now, take out your iPhone and run Dropbox.
4. Sign-in to the same Dropbox account and download the files on the iPhone.
5. As you can see, Dropbox is very convenient and provides an efficient and fast service. You can also choose to keep the data on the cloud account. The only con here is the 2GB storage space which is too low.
Overall, we have discussed the 5 most effective medium of data transfer that includes iTunes and options other than iTunes. If you have read the article carefully or heard the statements then you know about the downfall of iTunes. Frankly once upon a time, it was a great app but now the glitches have made it worthless. So, it will be better for you to look through other options like AirDrop, Dropbox or Email. These are very convenient modes of file transfer. AirDrop transfers wirelessly and Dropbox provides a convenient cloud service but if you want to stay one step ahead of everyone then go for Tenorshare iCareFone. It is the best in terms of everything you can think of. No storage limitations, no Wi-Fi needed, no data loss and the list go on. Highly recommended!!